Season Ticket Prices Frozen

Paul Sullivan said:
Kerry said:
Kerry you can face palm all you like but just because you might not like something, or have no evidence to disprove it, it does not make it untrue.

Wait. And see.

Always interesting how some have proof demanded of them but if convenient 'all will be well' BS is issued then no evidence is requested whatsoever.

Time will tell.
Its not your reply is was face palming to Paul.....its the 'I know' way you answer people who question things.

drainage

Devil_Bluebird said:
drainage said:
ASHIPP said:
Sometimes think that the Club can't get anything right in eyes of the fans. As an ST holder I would still buy ST irrespective of a minimal price increase or not.....because I love the sport, like my chosen seat and yes feel Im helping the Club in some small way financially.

For those expecting player announcements at this stage, it's far too early. Season still has a few weeks to go...and Whis has only been in his position a short time. Players will leave and other will be offered contracts. He already suggests that the rebuild process is underway in last week's match programme.
Can't recall any year when prices announced that also covered who would be playing!! The signings as a rule don't start until post play offs why would anyone be surprised we don't know who will wear red?

Agree I think pleasing people seems to be futile !
Incorrect. Mac Faulkner resigning was announced on devils site on the 25th Feb 2013
http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/devil ... r-2013-14/
That's one player repaying the loyalty that was looking after him after he was ruled out of the season ....plucking that does not mean historically the players are signed before the ST prices are announced !

Oh and by the way pretty certain Sheffield have announced their ST prices , before us and not seen a player signed there either?

Koop11

Unfortunately, whilst with good intentions I’m sure, this press release has raised a lot of questions and has possibly back fired somewhat. Consequently is hasn’t helped the PR side of things that the club has been criticized for in recent years.

I personally feel the club should release the full ST application package at one time and not drip fed this as it has clearly coursed some confusion.

I must say I found it odd that a ST package can include games that are not a guarantee (i.e. playoff and CC quarter finals). Now I’m sure there will be a ‘money back guarantee’ attached to those games but the cynic in me can’t help think something unusual about this.

I still think the club needs to move fast on announcing a few signings and Whis giving some idea of the team approach next season to convince fans to purchase a ST. The Whis factor alone I now is not enough for many fans.

drainage

Paul Sullivan said:
Kerry said:
Paul Sullivan said:
The absence of any signing news at all, even speculation, says much this year.
Not really. Whistle has only been here a few weeks, he will need time to assess/talk to players he may want back etc.....
Yet the Club have been trying extremely hard to re-sign several key players for weeks, prior to Whis even being brought in, never mind him being 'signed'.

Wait and see.
Hardly a surprise they have been trying to sign players ? Be more surprised they hadn't ? Also Sheffield have announced ST prices without a player signing being announced (or don't recall them being ) am assuming they are upto skulduggery , malpractice , treating fans like fools??

If you know something then why not say it? Or are you prepared to let fans part with money and then sit back and say I told you so? Serious question I don't have £445 to waste if you are so sure I would be be far happier you told me not to

Koop11 said:
Unfortunately, whilst with good intentions I’m sure, this press release has raised a lot of questions and has possibly back fired somewhat. Consequently is hasn’t helped the PR side of things that the club has been criticized for in recent years.

I personally feel the club should release the full ST application package at one time and not drip fed this as it has clearly coursed some confusion.

I must say I found it odd that a ST package can include games that are not a guarantee (i.e. playoff and CC quarter finals). Now I’m sure there will be a ‘money back guarantee’ attached to those games but the cynic in me can’t help think something unusual about this.

I still think the club needs to move fast on announcing a few signings and Whis giving some idea of the team approach next season to convince fans to purchase a ST. The Whis factor alone I now is not enough for many fans.
Didn't a certain Mr Peter Ridsdale implement the 5 year price freeze at Cardiff City before filling his saddle bags & getting on his horse?

drainage

Kerry said:
On the subject of the title. I haven't bought a ST for the last couple of years and probably wont next , purely because I miss so many games. Just out of interest, what reasons do you buy a ST? Is it because you like the same seat or you want to make sure you can get into a game or the fact that through the season you don't have to find money to attend games or another reason ?
Just curious .
If you can make all games it's cheaper .....guess that's the simple fact? Also if you elect DD option I think it means each month the outlay is less than finding the cost of ticket per game 4 games a month @ £17 = £68 whilst DD is probably more like £40 (not sure what up front deposit they want)

davew

Having given a little thought to the pricing issues (no. of games etc). The club should stop giving a headline figure like £477 and guarantee a ST rate per game for the season concerned, so using current 30 game ST = £396 (end of season price) a game would cost £13.20.

So market that figure and guarantee that price for all games, at least if the league schedule and team numbers were to fluctuate everybody knows exactly what will be payed. The walk up price needs to be advertised at the same time so people can see the saving in hard terms not just a % saving....

As it stands, even with the carrot of a 3 yr price freeze, I won't renew before the 30th March, as the league haven't agreed game numbers etc (march league meeting probably - Chris Ellis Twitter yesterday).

I would renew with the 3 year carrot before 30th April @ released prices when ALL likely competition and team numbers have been agreed.

Earnie

For the purpose of peace of mind and calculating what are you paying per game with a ST why not just assume a 30 game season and anything else extra is a bonus.
Let your cup be half full and not half empty.

Finny

drainage said:
Paul Sullivan said:
Kerry said:
Not really. Whistle has only been here a few weeks, he will need time to assess/talk to players he may want back etc.....
Yet the Club have been trying extremely hard to re-sign several key players for weeks, prior to Whis even being brought in, never mind him being 'signed'.

Wait and see.
Hardly a surprise they have been trying to sign players ? Be more surprised they hadn't ? Also Sheffield have announced ST prices without a player signing being announced (or don't recall them being ) am assuming they are upto skulduggery , malpractice , treating fans like fools??

If you know something then why not say it? Or are you prepared to let fans part with money and then sit back and say I told you so? Serious question I don't have £445 to waste if you are so sure I would be be far happier you told me not to
I would guess that Paul Sullivan is suggesting that some of the players will 'tell all' once the season is over and they are out of contract and no longer being paid by the club. If they do then we can all say "Oh, Paul was telling the truth". If they don't we can all say "Oh, Paul was lying".

If you want to renew but are worried about wasting £445, perhaps a DD is the way to go?

Finally, with regards to early player re-signings:

Last season both Faulkner's re-signing and confirmation of Batch's two year contract were announced in late February.
The previous season, Adams was announced as being on a new two year deal before the deadline.
In 2009 Voth's re-signing was announced in mid-February.

discountedawaytravel said:
jimmy snels said:
If Lord mac and kurka re sign im in!
my mate reckons lord and kurka are gunna come back but faulkner is retiring now he has done his course

I did hear down the rink, whether it's true or not, that Mac was going back to America as he has a job lined up. Could be completely false and it's just a conversation I over heard.

DevilDom

buzzwagon said:
Didn't a certain Mr Peter Ridsdale implement the 5 year price freeze at Cardiff City before filling his saddle bags & getting on his horse?
I was thinking that too. There is no guarantee that PR will be around in 3 years to honour the price freeze.

The other thing is - normally a price freeze means exactlty that and comes after a club has had a poor season (such as the Devils this year) - i.e. we freeze prices as they were last year.

This is actually a 12.4% increase on last year with the promise to freeze prices after that (when who knows will be running the club).

Seems more of a stick than a carrot to me.

Gazza272

Finny said:
I would guess that Paul Sullivan is suggesting that some of the players will 'tell all' once the season is over and they are out of contract and no longer being paid by the club. If they do then we can all say "Oh, Paul was telling the truth". If they don't we can all say "Oh, Paul was lying".

If you want to renew but are worried about wasting £445, perhaps a DD is the way to go?

Last season both Faulkner's re-signing and confirmation of Batch's two year contract were announced in late February.
The previous season, Adams was announced as being on a new two year deal before the deadline.

If the players are willing to do a tell all thing after the season then It's only going to harm themselves. It's seemed acceptable this year for some players to be a conduit for locker room gossip to fans (see speculation about player signings earlier on in the thread) than a player on the ice. Going down to the level of those who have wronged you is never a good way to go.

In regards to announcements earlier in the year, it's pointless comparing seasons given that in those seasons we didn't have a coach who has only been in a job for 2 weeks.

This season has been a mess, no one can argue that. People didn't want Brent to coach or be GM anymore. He's been relieved of both duties and we have a coach everyone stood up and applauded for a few weeks ago. Folk got what they wanted.

Players making things harder for Whistle recruiting in the summer isn't something I want to see. I wonder why it is something others want to happen?

Paul Sullivan

KaneDevils said:
Paul Sullivan said:
drainage said:
The inferno needs a like button!
It has two. You just press '+1' like so many others...
And there you go. Doing exactly what you criticise others for. :DWD
Actually, no. That was one on-line post in a thread in which I was participating. You were criticised for only adding the one liners and no debate. Which, with that criticism and no substance, you've done again.
QED.

Gazza272 said:
Finny said:

If the players are willing to do a tell all thing after the season then It's only going to harm themselves. It's seemed acceptable this year for some players to be a conduit for locker room gossip to fans (see speculation about player signings earlier on in the thread) than a player on the ice. Going down to the level of those who have wronged you is never a good way to go.

In regards to announcements earlier in the year, it's pointless comparing seasons given that in those seasons we didn't have a coach who has only been in a job for 2 weeks.

This season has been a mess, no one can argue that. People didn't want Brent to coach or be GM anymore. He's been relieved of both duties and we have a coach everyone stood up and applauded for a few weeks ago. Folk got what they wanted.

Players making things harder for Whistle recruiting in the summer isn't something I want to see. I wonder why it is something others want to happen?
Sorry Gazza if players were not considering a return to the club due to their treatment previously, then it is this seasons management that would have made Dave Whistle's recruitment more dificult but its far easier to blame the fans, the militia whoever anybody apart from the management I wonder why

And as for going down to the level of someone who wronged you, if someone is prepared to go down to a level you have to be prepared to go down and fight at their level, exactly the same as on the ice, it is called adapting to the environment you find yourself in

Paul Sullivan

Gazza272 said:
Finny said:

So now Gazza you are criticising the (potential) reaction from an employee who has been mistreated with the 'two wrongs don't make a right' line?

Wow. What would it take these guys to have actually done before you would not blame militia or players for being responsible? When do the actions of PR and BP actually become the reasons we are in tatters as far as you are concerned?

As for gossip and 'confidentiality' here's a simple solution:

If you don't want the information about your mistreatment discussed, DON'T MISTREAT PEOPLE. Can't discuss what hasn't happened.

And then you attempt to throw the players under a bus further by saying they would be jeopardising Whistle's recruitment? Wake up Gazza. The conduct of the management has been building that case all year. Should anybody discover the full story post-season, is that not doing a service to the fans so that they can vote with their wallets as to this current ownership?

As for a three year anything (coaching contract, price freeze) it's worth nothing. How can you guarantee someone a job in a rink in which you do not have a contract to operate the team? Any player-based blame for that one? I am sure you will find some...

I fully support anyone who wants to buy an ST to watch the Cardiff Devils. All I am saying is - Wait and See.

Paul Sullivan

drainage said:
Helen I have been 'saying something' for months. All it's got is a couple of nice mentions on Devils TV, called a cancer (then removed from the edit) and grief / subtweets galore from many, including yourself. Which is not a problem.

You do as you wish with your money and I support the ST programme as a fine way to fund NEXT year's team. However I am merely suggesting a wait and see policy. See if the Club is in the shape Ragan claims. See if it can honour the payments due to its players and more with the money we were told the Club had as it's 'in the best shape for years' (tm).

Let's not use next year's vital money which Whis would surely need to fill this years hole. Let's not rob Peter to Pay Paul.

Wait and see.

Ocko

Thread starter #80
I havent been happy with the way the season has gone and with the management of the club at all. If anything comes out about Ragan and Pope and the way they deal with the business side of the club I would welcome it completely and hope that it is well documented that they are harming the club. I pray for the day he sells up as much as the next person who was outside.

But one thing I wouldnt want is players doing a kiss and tell and putting off next year's prospective players. Whis doesnt deserve that and neither do the players that will remain and be with us next year. I get that there may be frustration and anger about mis management but the club isnt about Ragan or Pope it's built on the city and it's fans, with the support they've received I think they owe it to us to do the best they can to ensure we have a better future.

Wait and see what? Like someone said, is you know something that is going to harm ST holder let us know. I dont include players being sacked in that but more so the club going under etc.