Season Ticket buyback

Thread starter #1
Following discussions in the Fan Council meeting with Todd last week, I've just noticed the season ticket buyback scheme we put forward being trialled at the moment.

So if you are a season ticket owner and can't make Saturdays game let them know and if they sell your seat you'll either get cash or money off your season ticket next year.

Useful for those that can't make it and with so many people desperate for tickets at the moment there may be opportunity of some spare tickets being on sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is a great thing to do, I'm a season ticket holder but due to working shifts there are many games I can't attend. I don't get my money's worth but I like having my seat for when I can go. I was considering ending my ST next year but if this deal continues I will definitely renew.

Finny

I'm struggling to see a negative in this?

The season ticket holder gains a refund.
The club gets extra revenue.
An extra fan gets to go to a game.

Very good idea.

Pondlife

Sounds like a great idea in principle. Does anyone have any info on how it will work in practice? How much will be refunded or how much notice the club require in order to resell the ticket?

jimmy snels

5 pounds :confused: if im honest I'd be looking to get more prior to the game before i took that offer. Seems pretty low. Wouldnt even cover the webcast if you had a childcare issue or were sick.
Great concept and may help a few get a couple of quid back in their pockets they'd not have had previously.

Electro

It's a great concept for the club, there technically getting money twice for your seat, l doubt any huge profit is in it though. Booking fees for processing tickets are generally very low.

It does allow a small portion of people to gain a ticket to a sold out game though, which is the motivation for it.

It's a concept that each holder is free to choose. But demand is likely to be high, so selling your ticket yourself for most of its face value may be a better option if it's several games over a yr.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JC23

As said above selling your ticket yourself at a higher amount is a more profitable option.

But, where I feel that idea falls down is, you would then have to get the season ticket to the person buying it, and then back from said person at the end of the game. If you're not going to the game at all, then that's a bit of a ball ache. Therefore this buyback option is a great idea in my eyes.

Myself personally if I can't make a game, there's no way I'm travelling to Cardiff to give someone my ticket for a little extra cash seeing as I live in Swansea.

Obviously if you're a part of a family, or a group of friends and you have one/two seat(s) going spare, it's the better option giving your family/friend a ticket for someone else to use.

Swings and roundabouts in that instance.

For people like myself, I'd rather get £5 back and contribute a little extra to the club than not make it and not get any cash at all.

RTfarty

As said above selling your ticket yourself at a higher amount is a more profitable option.

But, where I feel that idea falls down is, you would then have to get the season ticket to the person buying it, and then back from said person at the end of the game. If you're not going to the game at all, then that's a bit of a ball ache. Therefore this buyback option is a great idea in my eyes.

Myself personally if I can't make a game, there's no way I'm travelling to Cardiff to give someone my ticket for a little extra cash seeing as I live in Swansea.

Obviously if you're a part of a family, or a group of friends and you have one/two seat(s) going spare, it's the better option giving your family/friend a ticket for someone else to use.

For people like myself, I'd rather get £5 back and contribute a little extra to the club than not make it and not get any cash at all.
I'm pretty sure your seat just becomes available and the club can provide a ticket for it. No need to give someone your season ticket.

JC23

I'm pretty sure your seat just becomes available and the club can provide a ticket for it. No need to give someone your season ticket.
My point about getting to the rink to give tickets over, was about selling privately rather than taking advantage of the ticket buy back scheme.

Sorry if that wasn't clear...

Electro

My point about getting to the rink to give tickets over, was about selling privately rather than taking advantage of the ticket buy back scheme.

Sorry if that wasn't clear...
For sure if you cannot be arsed selling it yourself and losing its value does not bother you, it's a great idea.

Johnnybravo1927

I may well be wrong but technically you are not allowed to sell your season ticket or let someone else use it without permission from the club (which you obviously get on the buyback scheme) but I really dont think its rigidly enforced

JC23

For sure if you cannot be arsed selling it yourself and losing its value does not bother you, it's a great idea.

Guessing you didn't fully read my post...no surprise there. Why let the truth get in the way of ridiculous comment.

Electro

I did fully read it.

JC23

I did fully read it.

I'm actually not even going to entertain arguing with you. I've realised from reading your comments in the past months that there genuinely is no educating pork, and well...your username would be more suitable if it was Pinky/Perky/Wilbur/Babe/Hamm. (delete as applicable for the reader depending on age)

Electro

No l quoted JC23 as his example of having to deal with the ticket, the cannot be arsed was not directed at that user but at his example and in general if others cannot be arsed it's a good scheme.

If I've upset that person, I'm sorry.

Although the tirade of childish insults is a little ridiculous.

5 pounds :confused: if im honest I'd be looking to get more prior to the game before i took that offer. Seems pretty low. Wouldnt even cover the webcast if you had a childcare issue or were sick.
Great concept and may help a few get a couple of quid back in their pockets they'd not have had previously.
Perhaps offering £8 back would be a better enticement then? As Jimmy says, that would at least cover the webcast, and might therefore encourage more people to view it on the webcast instead... (and no, I don't work for IceTime TV!)