Season so far ....

voth26

First it's an Americanism. Possibly, can't say for sure, can't be bothered googling it, but it is.

Second it's used by/for individuals who cannot accept reality.

Thirdly any drinkable liquid in any size glass is always a positive, it's a crap analogy, too simple for such a complicated world, one has to accept not every situation can be positive or negative. Just get a bigger glass.

Fourthly everybody is entitled to an opinion, it's all subjective, there is no right or wrong point of view in a discussion forum. The world has to many labels as it is.

As for the season so far, l simply see a repeat of the last few seasons, a coach doing too much, whilst trying to gain experience. Too much expectation on results. There are many examples within team sports of talented clubs being out performed by lesser players. The magic happens when all aspect of the team perform consistently. It begins at the top.

Not managing talent is a major problem l see in our organisation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'd agree with some of your points re last season, my thoughts on the point you make about managing talent is that Lordo has to manage the talent as you put it but the talented players in this case have a certain responsibility to themselves and their employer to do their job the best they can at every opportunity, and so far this season that hasn't always happened!!. I don't think having a glass half full mentality means a person doesn't accept reality but in fact does understand the reality of a situation and looks to find the positives while accepting their are some negatives

Electro

I'd agree with some of your points re last season, my thoughts on the point you make about managing talent is that Lordo has to manage the talent as you put it but the talented players in this case have a certain responsibility to themselves and their employer to do their job the best they can at every opportunity, and so far this season that hasn't always happened!!. I don't think having a glass half full mentality means a person doesn't accept reality but in fact does understand the reality of a situation and looks to find the positives while accepting their are some negatives
If players are lacking in training, on the night or whatever, it's Lords job to sort it out.

For me the issue is a bit like chess, but taken a bit further, in so much as you and your opponent pick the pieces before.

In my opinion lord knows what pieces each role is, it's having the skill to out play your opponent that lord lacks.

Devil_Abroad

First it's an Americanism. Possibly, can't say for sure, can't be bothered googling it, but it is.

Second it's used by/for individuals who cannot accept reality.

Thirdly any drinkable liquid in any size glass is always a positive, it's a crap analogy, too simple for such a complicated world, one has to accept not every situation can be positive or negative. Just get a bigger glass.

Fourthly everybody is entitled to an opinion, it's all subjective, there is no right or wrong point of view in a discussion forum. The world has to many labels as it is.

As for the season so far, l simply see a repeat of the last few seasons, a coach doing too much, whilst trying to gain experience. Too much expectation on results. There are many examples within team sports of talented clubs being out performed by lesser players. The magic happens when all aspect of the team perform consistently. It begins at the top.

Not managing talent is a major problem l see in our organisation.

I believe the saying is about how a person views their situation - are they viewing their glass is half empty i.e. they don't realise they still have half a glass left, or half full i.e. they are so happy they have something they don't realise it is only half.

What's so difficult about it?

Mind you, though I always look at the glass half empty, always looking at the negatives, always worrying we're going to lose, I don't seem to be the type moaning at the coach, the forwards, the defence, the netminder, the IAW etc etc etc lol

And what if the bigger glass is half empty?!

Sometimes, just sometimes.......