Sean Avery

Thread starter #1
what a different player he is now, in last nights game V The Devils, Clarkson grabbed hold of him and threw him around like a rag doll and Avery did not react at all, he was just looking away, he did not bite back and still got a roughing penalty,

Later in the game Rupp when after him aswell. They sure are giving him a tough time now he is back.

he has deffinatly calmed down now he has had anger classes to help him and it seems to have worked, he had brough a lot to the rangers now he is back with them, he is drawing penalties all over the place, Clarkson got 2 plus 2 plus game for it.

I think Avery knows that he is on his last warning in the league and any more trouble and no-one will be willing to take a punt on him again. No doubt Dallas have been better off since he left, but there is no doubting the Rags have been much improved with him in their squad. Different players fit in differently at teams I suppose.

It was funny watching Tyler Kennedy fight him in the Pens / Rags game the other night. I think as it stands now the Rags will meet the Devils in the 1st round, could be interesting to see ho Avery and Brodeur react to each other!

kettdevil1

Iceraider said:
I think Avery knows that he is on his last warning in the league and any more trouble and no-one will be willing to take a punt on him again. No doubt Dallas have been better off since he left, but there is no doubting the Rags have been much improved with him in their squad. Different players fit in differently at teams I suppose.

It was funny watching Tyler Kennedy fight him in the Pens / Rags game the other night. I think as it stands now the Rags will meet the Devils in the 1st round, could be interesting to see ho Avery and Brodeur react to each other!
Brodeur versus Avery is a matchup I would certainly like to see!

I'm still unconvinced by the new improved Avery - I still get the feeling that he is trying desperately hard to keep on the straight and narrow but, at any given point in the near future he will lose it again.

Not sure if it is Avery or the change in coach that has energised the Rags but even with the changes they are still hanging on to that playoff place by a thread.