Sanford & Martin - EIHL !!!!

MA18

Shall we just pretend that's acceptable and bury our head in the sand? Would likely have been gassed on a few teams!

I'm Joey's biggest fan, but come on, something isn't right here!
I’m sure both are more than aware that their form is poor and something isn’t right, being professional sportsman and all that.

Sitting on your sofa, starting a thread and calling them out for it probably isn’t massively helpful.

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #8
I’m sure both are more than aware that their form is poor and something isn’t right, being professional sportsman and all that.

Sitting on your sofa, starting a thread and calling them out for it probably isn’t massively helpful.
Ok, let’s ignore it then and pretend everything is good and acceptable!

Celticdruid

Personally I don
Ok, let’s ignore it then and pretend everything is good and acceptable!
Personally I don't think that there was anything wrong in asking the question or pointing out the stats. As professional sportsman they should be held accountable for their figures. When at work you get paid a wage to do a job and if it isn't up to scratch it gets noticed.

I think as a supporter/fan you shoild have a right to question this and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. We all have different expectations in life and if it is not up to your expectation then voice your opinion. You are after all just stating the facts.

I personally think they will come into their own when we need it most. They are going through a dry spell and they will knkow that themselves. Hopefully when they start firing it will be on all cylinders and they will make up the points production. And hopefully get a few game winning goals along the way.

On another note it is great to see Wall have a shut out tonight. I hope this really gives him some confidence going forward and gives the coach a headache on who to pick as a starting NM. That is a GREAT problem to have as a team and a problem most championship winning teams face.

MA18

Personally I don

Personally I don't think that there was anything wrong in asking the question or pointing out the stats. As professional sportsman they should be held accountable for their figures. When at work you get paid a wage to do a job and if it isn't up to scratch it gets noticed.

I think as a supporter/fan you shoild have a right to question this and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. We all have different expectations in life and if it is not up to your expectation then voice your opinion. You are after all just stating the facts.

I personally think they will come into their own when we need it most. They are going through a dry spell and they will knkow that themselves. Hopefully when they start firing it will be on all cylinders and they will make up the points production. And hopefully get a few game winning goals along the way.

On another note it is great to see Wall have a shut out tonight. I hope this really gives him some confidence going forward and gives the coach a headache on who to pick as a starting NM. That is a GREAT problem to have as a team and a problem most championship winning teams face.
Fair one on the accountability but I’m sure they are more than aware of their stats, performance and are their own biggest critics.

Fans definitely have the right to have an opinion.

I just wonder how helpful starting posts like this really are.

Joey isn’t going to sit in the locker room thinking ‘I’ve finally been called out by the forum, I start trying a bit harder and bang a few goals in’.

JC23

I don’t think Joey is going to be sitting in the locker room paying the slightest bit of attention to the forum at all in fairness mate - the man is a professional, and knows his game isn’t where it needs to be, I also think after so long playing in Cardiff he’s more than used to the fact we as Devils fans will fully express our opinions on the team and players individually.

At least some of us do it here, on a forum that they don’t need to look at, rather than tagging players on social media slagging off their form like others have in the past.

MA18

I don’t think Joey is going to be sitting in the locker room paying the slightest bit of attention to the forum at all in fairness mate - the man is a professional, and knows his game isn’t where it needs to be, I also think after so long playing in Cardiff he’s more than used to the fact we as Devils fans will fully express our opinions on the team and players individually.

At least some of us do it here, on a forum that they don’t need to look at, rather than tagging players on social media slagging off their form like others have in the past.
You’ll be surprised - I know of a few players over the seasons that were very aware of posts on here, as were their partners.

Kristoff

Shall we just pretend that's acceptable and bury our head in the sand? Would likely have been gassed on a few teams!

I'm Joey's biggest fan, but come on, something isn't right here!
Totally agree. The amount of abuse Brodie Reid got last season for under performing. Some players seem untouchable

E.D.S.

Joey's been here before. I remember an interview with Todd a few seasons ago where he said "he's probably holding the stick a bit tighter than usual" a metaphor as opposed to what he's actually doing. The brilliant thing about Joey is that he is a 200ft player. His work rate hasn't fallen off, his stick handling is still up there with the best, it just isn't falling for him at the moment.

Credit to PR. It's a been a while since we've had a coach do what he's done and rip up the lines....with such effect as well. A master stroke.

moggy#9

I'm not going to worry about them too much just yet. Martin always finds ways to contribute and Sanford is so much more defensively aware. I wouldn't be surprised to see both of them make an impact in the continental cup.

I think that the key difference compared to Reid is that off he wasn't scoring, he wasn't doing anything really.

Pembo

They’re both putting in effort, I’m very confident once they get cooking they will be scoring consistently again. PR moving lines around will hopefully help as that line had been rolling for long enough EIHL coaches probably could plan for it and neutralise it. Also Cole wanted to get involved with PK this season where in previous seasons top line players weren’t being used so much when down a man. Great thing about this season is we’re less dependent on a single line to put up most of the points. I like this group and I have sneaky feeling that JM and CS will be double figures for points by new year.

Earnie

Joey Martin does an awful lot of skilled work all over the ice. For some it probably goes un noticed. He is a top player still.
I know he is short on goals but hey ho , he makes them.

E.D.S.

You’ve got to wonder what the Glasgow team and coach thought when they saw the lines. They’re probably geared up for the usual 1st line and then they’re met with a load of randoms doing amazing things.