Ryan Mahrle

last i heard things wern't looking too good, he's been rushed to hospital and will have an emergancy CAT scan on arival, fingers crossed everything is ok and he makes a speedy recovery

RichardR said:
What happened?
Not sure if Brad checked him or they both slipped but they ended up against the boards in the corner and as Ryan was falling his helmet came off and he hit his head quite hard on the ice.

mazza03

There wasn't any check it was just a freak accident where they both slid into the boards but Mahrle's helmet came off. :|

Finny

He was stretched out to the Ambulance just after the game finished. He was strapped down on the strecher with a neckbrace but he was concsious as I saw him blink a couple of times.

Best wishes to him.

GUYS:

Mobilx Newcastle Vipers defenceman Ryan Mahrle was stretchered off the ice in the first minute of Saturday night's third period in Cardiff.

The game was held up for ten minutes while Mahrle was treated at the site and taken from the playing area.

At this moment in time (11.37pm Saturday) the extent of any injury is not known. Once we have definitive information this page will be updated.

We understand that there are several rumours in the public domain regarding the injury. We would ask that supporters do not spread these rumours as they are unhelpful and possibly upsetting for Ryan's family.

The Vipers will update this as soon as information is available.

Thread starter #15
UPDATE FROM VIPERS SITE:

Ryan Mahrle injury update - Sunday 11.45am
24/10/2009

Mobilx Newcastle Vipers defenceman Ryan Mahrle was stretchered off the ice in the first minute of Saturday night's third period in Cardiff.

The game was held up for ten minutes while Mahrle was treated at the site and taken from the playing area.

Ryan spent a couple of hours in hospital but was released to travel on the team coach back to the north east.

He has sustained injuries to his back and head and will be fully assessed this week.

Gazza272

encouraging news that he managed to travel home with the team. The way he fell having been dragged from the ice was horrible, it didnt look like the lights were on at all.

Thread starter #17
Good news from Vipers website!

Ryan Mahrle injury - Sunday night update
24/10/2009

Ryan spent a couple of hours in hospital but was released to travel on the team coach back to the north east.

He has sustained injuries to his back and head and will be fully assessed this week.

After the game on Sunday, head coach Rob Wilson said: "Ryan went in for the puck and knew Brad Voth was behind him. He took a really hard knock, Ryan paid the price for not bailing out of the hit - that's the kind of kid he is. He knew he was going to get crushed, and ended up worse for wear for it.

"I don't think he'll play Wednesday [at Nottingham], he has told me he wants to but I think he's doubtful for the weekend.

"He's a little stiff and sore, and he was knocked out for a short while so there's a concussion as well. I think we need to watch him and see how he is over the next couple of days."

Chris

Administrator
After the game on Sunday, head coach Rob Wilson said: "Ryan went in for the puck and knew Brad Voth was behind him. He took a really hard knock, Ryan paid the price for not bailing out of the hit - that's the kind of kid he is. He knew he was going to get crushed, and ended up worse for wear for it.
Didn't he fall over?

That makes it sound like it's Voths fault to me, the way Wilson has worded it...

Chris.

I was waiting for this type of response from Wilson. He will try to deflect his team's poor run and finance trouble towards other areas out of his control.
Message to Wilson....Work within your circle of influence.

Chris said:
Didn't he fall over?

That makes it sound like it's Voths fault to me, the way Wilson has worded it...

Chris.
The way i saw it was he knew the hit was coming and was thinking too much about that which meant he lost an edge and voth went down with him. Have seen it loads of times players too worried about the hit as much as wilson thinks he didnt bail out losing an edge like that is very dangerous for the checking player as if he doesnt go down he hits the boards face first!