Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2024/25

I didn’t think Reece Kelly was better than anything by we had at the time and I still don’t think he’s better than anything we have now. In an under performing team at the time, the coach would’ve lost his mind to take a punt on him.

22 points is massive. For a gauge of how massive, Imagine the melt down on here if we’d lost 11 extra games. I also wouldn’t use 1 loss in the CC as a barometer as to whether we were right or wrong to sign a 3rd line D stay at home D man.
I disagree, the season before he left, Batch(although better this season) was shocking. Just didn't seem to give a toss, however thankfully seems to be playing better now under Russell. Devils do not seem to give younger Brit players a chance. Saying that a lot of teams are the same, which is why we have an aging GB team

Ocko

I disagree, the season before he left, Batch(although better this season) was shocking. Just didn't seem to give a toss, however thankfully seems to be playing better now under Russell. Devils do not seem to give younger Brit players a chance. Saying that a lot of teams are the same, which is why we have an aging GB team
Batch maybe didn’t have the best season that year. But could you have honestly said you saw enough of Kelly in the handful of games he played, in which he only got limited minutes, to sign him over Batch who was playing regular minutes and most game situations?

Kelly was one of the few players that year with a plus/minus as a negative despite only a small amount of games played - he didn’t do as well a people think.

moggy#9

How was Reece Kelly supposed to get a sniff with us last season when he was signed to Glasgow?????????????
Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, weren't the terms of his two way that he could only play when Bristol weren't playing? That would have meant he could only have come in for occasionally games, thus disrupting the team.

From what I saw if him, he was ok, but not ready to take someone else's slot on our blue line.

IMO it was better for him to develop with them than ride the pines with us.

Rempel16

Never heard of them!
Maybe the more knowledgeable members could enlighten me?
Rinaldi previously played for Andrew Lord in Greenville. He played for Dundee this season, but had been recommended by Lord before he went there.

The others are cutting about the European leagues, but each would make sense based on PR's signings of Arniel/Ully this year.

moggy#9

Following players all rumoured to us on THF

Ryan Kuffner
Josh MacDonald
Anthony Rinaldi
Mike Halmo
Mike halmo sounds almost like an older, more experienced Riley brandt, but a bit bigger and with nhl experience. The dirty if guy we'd love.

Kuffner also has nhl, ahl, echl and del experience. Is noted as a team player and leader.

Macdonald looks too have lowish point production, but it's clearly known to PR.

I'm not sure where rinaldi fits in though.

RedDevil17

Mike halmo sounds almost like an older, more experienced Riley brandt, but a bit bigger and with nhl experience. The dirty if guy we'd love.

Kuffner also has nhl, ahl, echl and del experience. Is noted as a team player and leader.

Macdonald looks too have lowish point production, but it's clearly known to PR.

I'm not sure where rinaldi fits in though.
Rule out Halmo. We all know Russell doesn’t like physicality or fights

Finny

If Perlini and Betteridge are coming here as that rumour accounts suggests then we must be getting some big changes in our brit pack this year.
Especially as we were effectively carrying a spare.