Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2024/25

moggy#9

When you’re playing in big games you need your goalscorers to step up and score the all important goals when needed, ie in the playoffs. Cole Sanford doesn’t do that.
But when has he ever had a player who uses their size on a line to generate opportunities for him?

moggy#9

Without wanting to sound harsh, I think this was one too many seasons for Duggan, he’s been here a number of years now and has never kicked on.

He’d be better off going to a lower placed team and getting regular icetime. We need top end Brit forwards to challenge Steelers and Giants and we haven’t really had that.
I tend to agree. I can't say he's contributed anything, and why he was made an alternate captain is beyond me. It epitomised all the problems with our leadership group.

ASHIPP

What if getting Sanford back means you have to sign Cox?
Only the coaching and management can make that decision. From the outside, as a fan, it doesn't look like it's going to be a difficult decision!

Cole stated he wanted to work on his defensive game this season. He clearly showed improvement, being utilised on the pk as well. Top 6 point scorer in the league - he delivered it. Brought enthusiasm and commitment every game. Hopefully a sign of a player who is happy here.

Cox - a frustrating but very gifted player who sometimes gave the impression he only turned up for games when he felt like it. Despite all his points, towards the end, he looked disinterested and will be remembered for regularly being railroaded by opposition players, blind passes and annoyingly passing rather than attempting a shot..

Last edited:

Pembo

Looks like Printz and Tedesco may be out at Belfast to make way for Piccinic and Conway. Printz plays physical hockey and only 25, Tedesco lit up league in Guildford and just under a point per game in Belfast. Wonder if any other team in league likely to pick them up? Or if we would look at them?

BostonBart22

Tedesco if leaving would go back to guildford, they missed him big time this season, printz mmmmm, clan seem to be making roads with big signings, ...just saying

Cox - a gifted player who looked like he only turned up for games when he felt like it. When not playing well, it was a disaster for his line mates. Ironically practised shooting at goal for ages during every warm up at home......in reality more often than not passed the puck on a breakaway instead of trying a shot. Towards the end, he looked disinterested and will be remembered for regularly being railroaded by opposition players, blind passes and falling over.
Cox - A very gifted player who plays with his brain. 2nd place in whole Elite League for assists (Crawford top). 3rd place in Elite League for points amongst Devils (Sanford top, Crawford second, Cox third). Very similar 2022/3 where Cox was 3rd in whole league for assists (top Devil), and the top Devil for points in the league.

Diablo3

This thread is rubbish! It’s just full of rumours and offseason nonsense!
Absolutely! I love this thread at this time of year. Get that gantry rumour factory going at full steam too. We need to know who is pitching up with Subways :) To be honest, surprised UK Hockey rumours has so many already. We all know how accurate he has been.

Glyn your memory must be going, you said the club would never give in to threats that they would not sign unless their mate was also signed. I would suggest you cast your mind back to the Superleague era

kingmo19.1

Absolutely! I love this thread at this time of year. Get that gantry rumour factory going at full steam too. We need to know who is pitching up with Subways :) To be honest, surprised UK Hockey rumours has so many already. We all know how accurate he has been.
I’ll have a walk over the barrage tomorrow - it’s prime roller blading season right now and Subway’s will be doing a roaring trade! :)