Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

Devil94

Well I'm seriously shocked by this one. Players move on but he was one I was convinced would see out his career in Cardiff. Good luck to him though, one of my favourites of the new era.

Going back to the trophy lifting at play offs, it makes more sense now why he was after Mikkelson. But it never crossed my mind at the time that he would end up somewhere else in the league. I guess he already knew then he wasn't coming back?

Makes me wonder what type of player will be the 3rd line center now, are we going a different direction, or looking for a younger Dixon? Because Dixon would have been a perfect 3rd line center for me.

I did notice on the last home game the semi final home leg at the national anthem he was taking everything in and looking around as if it was his last game again I didn’t think nothing of it but now obviously! Madness someone I would of thought we would of loved to keep think this may bite us in the bum

The_Stick_

Even though I am gutted to see him leave, we have to remember he isn’t getting any younger. He will turn 37 at the start of this season and this could very well be his last season before he calls it a day. He will be missed greatly in Cardiff, and will likely go down as one of the best players in the “New Era” but I have full faith that Todd, Brodie and Franny will do their utmost to make sure we replace him accordingly.

Have Hope#35

I was told at the home quarter final playoff game that there was a rumour that he was heading to Glasgow so it must've been agreed some time ago. Perhaps he wants to experience a new City before he retires!?

jenks33

Sam Jardine’s brother, who is a junior hockey coach in Alberta, has recently started following the Devils on twitter. Obviously it might mean nothing seeing as his brother has previously played for us but Jardine would be a great re-signing for us. Would be a bit of a surprise seeing as he finished last season in Finland. You’d assume Jardine could get a contract in a better league in Europe.

Diablo3

Sam Jardine’s brother, who is a junior hockey coach in Alberta, has recently started following the Devils on twitter. Obviously it might mean nothing seeing as his brother has previously played for us but Jardine would be a great re-signing for us. Would be a bit of a surprise seeing as he finished last season in Finland. You’d assume Jardine could get a contract in a better league in Europe.
I'd love that. He was playing brilliantly just before covid hit

Devil94

Using the same tried and tested technique, this guy also a recent Devils follow. Already signed up in Vienna for next year, but he does look like a 3rd line centerman to me. Played in Greenville last two years, so there is a connection also. Maybe one for a few years time.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/199714/matt-bradley

kettdevil1

Using the same tried and tested technique, this guy also a recent Devils follow. Already signed up in Vienna for next year, but he does look like a 3rd line centerman to me. Played in Greenville last two years, so there is a connection also. Maybe one for a few years time.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/199714/matt-bradley
Good spot, he does fit the profile of players coming here. The only point I would pick up on is the third line centre bit - looking at his career he has been a very solid ECHL player, been called up to the 'A' and played in a decent European league. I would be delighted to have him on the third line but he looks more top two lines to me

Devil94

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/225297/marcus-crawford

I’ve done some more digging (borderline stalking) on social media and I reckon this guy will probably be a Devil next season. Looks like he would be a good signing
I logged on to the Inferno to post the exact same thing. My stalking skills are developing at a worrying pace (I blame you Jenks), and I noticed there's a few links there too. Like you, pretty confident he will sign here.

ECHL all star, high scoring d-man. Similar numbers to Register in the Coast, but Crawford is smaller and quicker. A Register replacement? Or to play on the 2nd line with our new Mikkelson replacement. I think the latter. Probably the spot Fournier would have got if that worked out.

Played with the aforementioned Bailey Conger last year, and with Brodie Reid the year previous.

Last edited:

jenks33

I logged on to the Inferno to post the exact same thing. My stalking skills are developing at a worrying pace (I blame you Jenks), and I noticed there's a few links there too. Like you, pretty confident he will sign here.

ECHL all star, high scoring d-man. Similar numbers to Register in the Coast, but Crawford is smaller and quicker. A Register replacement? Or to play on the 2nd line with our new Mikkelson replacement. I think the latter. Probably the spot Fournier would have got if it worked out.
Yeah if you look at his stats he could be a replacement for Register couldn’t he? I’m with you though, I think he’s a more affordable version of Fournier. 143 PIMS last season though so not exactly like Gleason! If we do end up with Jardine and Crawford for McNulty and Mikkelson I think we should be happy with that.

Last edited:

Devil94

Yeah if you look at his stats he could be a replacement for Register couldn’t he? I’m with you though, I think he’s a more affordable version of Fournier. If we do end up with Jardine and Crawford for McNulty and Mikkelson I think we should be happy with that.
Absolutely happy with those two. But you could argue that Jardine is not quite the stay at home D man that Mikkelson was, and he is in fact more of an offensive point scorer too. Certainly looks to be even more so since he was with us. So maybe that does mean Register or maybe Louis won't be back.

Watched some clips of Crawford. He might end up being our smallest defender but he's not afraid of mixing it up. A rink rat, lots of PIMs and a few fights in his career, good skater and plenty of points. If he ends up here I think he could end up a Devils fans favourite pretty quick .

jenks33

I’ve had a look myself and can’t see any significant links tho that was the first time doing so. Can you clarify what links you’ve saw?
His wife has started following the Devils on Instagram. Also his brother is an ex equipment manager in the states and he’s just started following Murdy. There was another link as well but I’m struggling to remember what it was, I’ll have another look.