Rumour on Neicehockey.co.uk

Thread starter #1
That the EIHL have taken over Vipers till the end of the season but not Caps also that Caps lose 2 more imports and Vipers lose 1. As said this is a rumour .

Finny

I wonder if this is from the rumour posted on THF by carlbo (who judging by previous comments is well connected to EIHL hierachy - possibly Braehead).

Basically, Newcaslte and Edinburgh were told that they would be given financial help in return for the league having a stake in the club. Newcastle agreed and are now safe until the end of the season, but it's still too late to stop another player leaving the club (Forsbacka played last night but was rumoured to have handed in his notice?)

Scott Neil however did not want to give away any stake in the Capitals and so has now claimed there are no problems with Edinburgh at all.

Wonder how bad things would need to be up there to constitute a problem?

Surely the league can take back the franchise at some point?

ASHIPP

Capitals forum says that Scott Reid has now gone, and Evan Schafer leaves next week. This leaves Edinburgh with 2 imports (Hutchins and Cingel?) and young British players.
No updates for them about finance/support or an outcome from the EIHL meeting.
Very sad days. :evil:

DevilDom

It is very sad but I also think SN is making a mockery of the "elite" league. Caps would struggle to beat an EPL side with their current line up.

TheStub

Re: Re: Rumour on Neicehockey.co.uk

DevilDom said:
It is very sad but I also think SN is making a mockery of the "elite" league. Caps would struggle to beat an EPL side with their current line up.
Exactly. It sounds like SN is being a problem.

Reading the Caps forum, the team rely a lot on donations and good will just to house the team. Then we have all the back office on a shoe string. Never mind the players on the ice. The fans are fed up, and sick of SN. Seems like a nice bloke, but the team are just falling away rather than building season on season. It has reached a point now where you can't help feeling this is just pride and vanity.

Skippy

I'd been wondering if Scott Neil was waiting for some kind of bail out package from the league. Now that one has possibly been turned down as well as alledged offers to but the club you really do have to wonder what he's got planned.

Lets hope whatever the "plan" is works out

wildthing74

I know some Caps fans and they've been going mental for ages.Basically Neil won't let the club leave the family.Pretty nuts if you ask me as he seems happier seeing something he loves die rather than let it potentially prosper elsewhere.

ASHIPP

Finny said:
Newcastle GM released statement:

http://www.vipershockey.co.uk/news-1064-gm-update-tuesday-11th-january.html

I am delighted that following yesterday’s Elite League Board Meeting we were able to agree measures which will allow the club to honour the remainder of the 2010/11 season ...
Sounds like the rumours were true. Now to find out what Scott Neil is up to.
Is this going to allow the Vipers to recruit one or two more players? They iced only 11 outskaters over the weekend. Add Forsbacka and Carroll to the leavers during the past few weeks - that's 5 imports gone and only Prps (as an import) brought in.

Skippy

ASHIPP said:
Is this going to allow the Vipers to recruit one or two more players? They iced only 11 outskaters over the weekend. Add Forsbacka and Carroll to the leavers during the past few weeks - that's 5 imports gone and only Prps (as an import) brought in.
Is Forsbacka gone ? I thought that was very much a rumour ?

TheStub

Back at the Capitals ranch - the locals are getting restless.

No PR from Scott Neil all day, and then someone gets the news that the Caps are holding a Fan Forum in 8 days time. I think they may be turning up with pitchforks and torches. SN will be burned out.

Seriously - the Devils, Blaze and now Hull have shown that you can build a successful franchise from a rink... it just requires investment in publicity, and a drive to get people through the door for a decent on ice product. You don't have to win trophies, just have competitive, enjoyable games.

Season on season the Caps have limped through, getting worse and not better WITH support from the other league owners.

The Caps should be up there with the best, and packing the crowds in. Let's be honest, if you can't get the Scots to watch ice hockey, you are doing something wrong.

Now the Season Ticket holder base are coming out and saying this will be their last season... and many more not coming to games. Who can blame them, if they are seeing their team go backwards and the upstart Clan and Stars in better positions off and on the ice.

C'mon Scott, lets see you turn this ship around - or hand it over to a pilot who knows the sands.

This was from November before it REALLY went toes up in Edinburgh:
http://tcwfanzine.wordpress.com/2010/11 ... edinburgh/

The management just don't seem to be handling it very well up there. Vipers are in a similar situation but they have almost daily updates on their website from their GM who is/seems to be making positive moves to secure funding and buyers for the club and working with the league, putting on special offers etc. They're down a couple of imports but still managing to get some wins on the board. Cap's forum is not a happy place, I wouldn't like to be at that fan meeting unless Scott's got a very positive announcement to make.

Its a sad situation. I've got flights and hotels booked for the game up there in Feb but what am i going to be paying to see? A junior team get beat by 20+ goals in front of 200 people? It'll be embarrassing.

Its a sad situation...

Koop11

If the rumour is true that SN has refused help from the Elite League in the form of shares in the Capitals then I can’t help feel he is reducing the imports now to make savings so that he’s in a healthier position at the start of next season with 100% ownership of the Capitals and with the intention of either joining a regional based EPL or the SNL.

James

Administrator
Koop11 said:
If the rumour is true that SN has refused help from the Elite League in the form of shares in the Capitals then I can’t help feel he is reducing the imports now to make savings so that he’s in a healthier position at the start of next season with 100% ownership of the Capitals and with the intention of either joining a regional based EPL or the SNL.
Massively selfish in my opinion. How about the season ticket holders or travelling fans.

wildthing74

James said:
Massively selfish in my opinion. How about the season ticket holders or travelling fans.
Exactly and I can't see sponsors being too impressed either being associated with a team that has seemingly given up.Scotty had better look at the bigger picture and not shoot himself in the foot for next season.Don't think it will help with player recruitment for next year either.

ASHIPP

Good news for the Vipers today - Danny Stewart has announced that they will be trying to bring in a couple of imports before the transfer deadline. :D This will also bolster the addition of 4 local young players from the Northern Stars who will be available to play for the Vipers, it sounds, with immediate affect. Really hope they can keep up the fight for a play-off position. Some good performances recently and the CC qualification must fire up their motivation. :cool: