rumoour from the rink last night.

drainage

Finny said:
Dai Vader said:
I don't want to add fuel to the fire but i heard Shannon was doing the player signings during the off season and not G, only a rumour though ;)
Nonsense.

Anyone who has been on here for any length of time knows that I pick the players and Gareth Huish picks the line.
The exception being in 2000-01 where wannabe2 was allowed to pick 1 fighter, and chose 5.
What a year 2000- 2001 was !!! Personally I think Lucy Fur and the new mascot should be given the task going forward - makes sense to me ! Well more sense than Whistle coming back !!

Wannabe2

drainage said:
Finny said:
Dai Vader said:
I don't want to add fuel to the fire but i heard Shannon was doing the player signings during the off season and not G, only a rumour though ;)
Nonsense.

Anyone who has been on here for any length of time knows that I pick the players and Gareth Huish picks the line.
The exception being in 2000-01 where wannabe2 was allowed to pick 1 fighter, and chose 5.
What a year 2000- 2001 was !!! Personally I think Lucy Fur and the new mascot should be given the task going forward - makes sense to me ! Well more sense than Whistle coming back !!
It was my 5 fighters that made 2000-20001 so memorable

ASHIPP

Who said 'the Silly Season' was over?!Have never heard a more ridiculous rumour in me life! Not only has G put together a bunch of players with fantastic potential (which now is coming to fruitition after an excellent weekend), but Matt Burge has made it very clear in the media during the off-season that G is very much part of the Devils' 3-year plan. Matt clearly respects G and we have no reason to believe he is not a man of his word. If changes need to be made, then surely it's not the coaching style - it's the failure of one or two players to perform to expectation so far. And that is what many of us have discussed on here.

Sliput

Oh ...thanks all,this thread has made my day !!! nothing like a good chuckle to make the day better.

I agree with 99% of people on here....G IS the man for the job,he is doing a great job.
Dave who ??

If we are deciding who picks the teams...please can i be considered ? (hmmmm, mind into overdrive)...sheff/Aalborg.....ha ha ha ha :lol: :lol:

Whistle not a bad coach, no better than g 4 sure. but if we did want to change our coach we have a guy that eats, breathes,l ives the devils. is full of passion and knowledge and in humble opinion would do a job for us........ mr brent pope... what ya think peeps??

Sheincar

But which of US wants to change the coach? This rumour sounds like it comes from someone at the club - perhaps backroom- who's a mate of whistle & trying to stir things up.

Where the hell did this come from, first off Shannon signing players ha ha that hilarious G did all the work and was ably assisted by Franny. In fact G ended up doing stuff that wasnt really in his remit as coach and he signed all the team while still keeping within cap.

trueandhonest said:
Whistle not a bad coach, no better than g 4 sure. but if we did want to change our coach we have a guy that eats, breathes,l ives the devils. is full of passion and knowledge and in humble opinion would do a job for us........ mr brent pope... what ya think peeps??
:lol:

Chris

Administrator
Doesn't seem to be any need to lock this tbh, if people don't post anymore it'll simply drop off the bottom of page 1 :)

Incidently, we haven't deleted any topics from the start of the boards, so everything, just about ever, is still here ;)

Chris.

Wannabe2

andydevils said:
ok wannabe thats enough, i am a liverpool fan.

padlocks about anywhere, i think this has run its death.............................
Me too mate, i was gutted, but we will beat them over there. ;)

Eugene-Tackleberry said:
Holl_5 said:
taffmcwilliam said:
Cracking post, just what G would want to hear. The word supporter contains the word support, so as for starting a poinless post like this would you consider yourself a supporter or just someone giving support? I wonder.
Bit harsh...

I'd say 10% of 'rumours' on ice hockey forums in this country turn out to be factually correct. Only last week Devils 'supporters' rumoured that Silverthorn was Sheffield bound because he'd been cut from the ECHL. A rumour is a rumour and has very little to do with how much of a supporter you are.

Thanks for the original post Andy. I've heard the rumour of Adams being cut a couple of times during the off season and since then, although I can't see it happening at this stage of the season.
I agree with you Holl_5 and i also heard the same rumour about somebody in Devils organisation allegedly wanting "G" out in the Summer, i won't say any more.
I agree with holl as well :roll: