romfo

Crazy to think about gassing a player at the moment - have you seen the table? 2points between 1st and 5th place - and we are there amoungst that lot...so we gotta be doing something right. We've had a few injuries already yet we are still fighting it out with the other 4 teams at the top...so why would you change anything?

With regards to Hartwick - whilst he was not my favourite player last season, as I felt he was neither a good tough D man or a decent puck carrying D man, this season he has become far more solid - improved his physical side of the game and his passing out of the zone is much much better - I think he has put in some solid performances of late so I have no problems with him at all at the mo.

Many people know my views on Hartwick last year. Thought he was pants. Towards the end of the season got much better, and this year he's 100% better.

Romfo IMO started poorly and was too many times out of position and he took too many penalties. Last 3 or 4 games I have been looking out for him, and he's been ok. Think it's too early to start gassing people as Dwoods has said.

Russky

I thought had an all round better game last night and I think that he was paired with Jarvis or Richardson as it seemed that the Partnership with Stoney was not clicking.

Finny said:
Snifferdog said:
While we are on the subject is G good enough to be taking a import slot
I thought G was one of our best players tonight. When we needed someone so get stuck in and lead by example he was the player who did it.
was it not G's hit on Jacobson that turned the puck over to get our first goal?

Skippy

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
It was G finishing a hit and the first hit we'd finished in a while that lead to our first goal.

steve

i've been less than impressed so far. (although i wasn't sure about miller either!).

the last couple of weeks Romfo has finally managed to find a transition pass, and seems to have cut out the horrific turnover he seemed to make on a weekly basis in front of lyle. so, having seen some slow starters in devils jereseys before, lets give him a little more time i rekon.

Finny

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
It certainly was.

Having watched DevilsTV, it's also clear to see that it was Romfo who won the puck in overtime and cleared the zone for Latulippe to race away and score the winner.

drummer-ricky said:
imho i wouldnt want to get rid of ether of them, at the end of the day they do thier job and we'r winning, like an old saying gose, 'if its not broke then dont try and fix it'
This widespread view among fans and management is one key reason why we will not be threatening to win the League in the last few weeks of the season. We persevere with obvious weaknesses when its patently obvious he / they are not even adequate. Romfo makes individual errors that directly lead to goals and goal chances......and in this, his consistency should lead to his obvious change.

Chris McAllister
... is exactly what we need!
A big tough D-man who's awesome.

I always remember facing him against the Vipers... we couldn't get to the net, and I liked the way
he would step up for his team mates, no matter who was on the other team.
Releasing him has to be the the worst decision Rob Wilson made in the off-season!

Remember that hit on Hinks? WOW!

Think of the experience young players like Symonds will gain playing with an ex-NHL Veteren like McAllister

To me, he seems like the perfect fit, all round.
One thing for sure, we wouldn't be "Bullied" in our own rink by the Giants if he was in our team

I've always had my view that the bigger the D, the more scary they are!
I'm sure anyone would rather be chased by Romfo into a corner as opposed to McAllister.

Furthermore, Brad wouldn't have to do all the dirty work and we would probably be the toughest team in the league, aswell as the most skillfull (matter of opinion)

What a signing he would be!

Gazza272

Finny said:
Cookies_naughtyboy said:
It certainly was.

Having watched DevilsTV, it's also clear to see that it was Romfo who won the puck in overtime and cleared the zone for Latulippe to race away and score the winner.

True, however there was also a Devils TV highlight Where Romfo is in possession of the puck and has options but keeps the puck far to long and causes a dangerous turn over in our zone, and that for me is the big thing in his game he needs to eradicate.

I do wonder though weather he finds the lack of time on the puck in our small barn hard to deal with, as people at away games seem to find him play better, i wonder what the ice size was like in South Carolina.

I do think he cares about it though, and i do hope he turns it around. But at the moment i do stil have kitens when he has the puck.
Would also like to add i hope my criticism of him is constructive, i'm not slagging him off just for the sake of it :lol:

Rempel16

Romfo for me has all of the attributes to be a very good D-man, he;s just not found a way to apply them all on a consistent basis yet. This is a settling process for him i feel and unless we can persuade Tyson to come back i would give him more time.

As for Hartwick, how anyone would want rid of him is beyond me. Does the little things right defensively, the stuff that obviously goes unnoticed until he makes a mistake (which he will, this ain't the NHL after all) and as has been said, he has become far more settled now he knows his role as a stay-at-home D-man.

steve

i asked Brad last week about Tyson. He's landed a job with Bauer apparently. Good job, good money. So i think we'll do without this year :(.