Rogue players

James

Administrator
Prpich has been here all summer I think. His partner is a Cardiff girl. I assume he still trains with the team to keep fit.

ASHIPP

According to Elite Prospects (not the most reilable source, I know) Prps's contract with Zagreb has ended. Presumably he is either waiting to renew it.....or is going elsewhere shortly? :? In the UK?

osh

ASHIPP said:
According to Elite Prospects (not the most reilable source, I know) Prps's contract with Zagreb has ended. Presumably he is either waiting to renew it.....or is going elsewhere shortly? :? In the UK?
ASHIPP; Would you like to see him back here if fit ? Always someone to consider if injuries rear their ugly head don't you think ?

ASHIPP

Well, there is no doubt that Mike worked his socks off at times when he played for the Devils before, was one of the Devils' regular point scorers...and fought his way back to fitness from quite a serious injury which is very admirable.
Whatever the previous issue before last season which saw his release from the Devils, Prps appears still to be respected and liked by players and the organisation...otherwise he wouldn't be training with them! Although not personally one of my favourites, it wouldn't suprise me if he is sought after by clubs in the UK.
As far as the Devils are concerned - he knows them well, they know him. I suppose the question is whether he could be a good fit now and whether he is needed.

steve

If Prpich is prepared to be part of the team i would take him in a heartbeat. He top scored for us in a year where our offense went walk about for large parts of the season. Prpich - part of a team where he doesn't have to be the top scorer - which should happen with the likes of pelle, matska etc, would be one of the leagues best playmakers imo.

He came to us as a potential big league player who suddenly found himself unable to play in those leagues - if our 'issue' had been managed better i would have liked to see mike as a mainstay of our team for the whole 5 years he can't play in north america.

James

Administrator
Id love Prps back in the team. I don't think (based on second hand facts admittedly) he'd be prepared to play with G as coach. Which is a great pity.

I thought ENL were looking for an import, but that it would have to be one good enough for a two way contract with the Elite team. I am only starting my second season here so never saw him play - could he step into that gap perhaps?

osh

Good points folks. I liked the fact that he wasn't a heavyweight fighter as such, more a middleweight if you know what I mean, but he never shirked his duties and would mix it with the big guys even knowing he was on a loser, but that's the type of player he was with us. Shame our resources, import quotas etc don't allow him to stay with us as I feel he could slot into our team without too much trouble and be seen as a very reliable player who doesn't have to live up to a highbrow reputation in contrast to when he originally joined us.

steve

Qweeb said:
Ok Newbie question why cant he play in USA? i always liked him as a player gritty and stands up for himself.
he did some work in the us without the correct paperwork, 5 year ban from working in the us - as all the major leagues are cross border he wouldn't be able to play away games that meant playing in the us!

wildthing74

Was thinking the same Sheincar.Surely there would be no underlying problems from last season with Hartwick moved on.
I always rated him and was gutted he was gassed last year and certainly glad he did not play against us with a point to prove.Would love our budget to carry an extra import and maybe G rotating when we need more D but Prps playing if we short in offense.

BBW said:
I thought ENL were looking for an import, but that it would have to be one good enough for a two way contract with the Elite team. I am only starting my second season here so never saw him play - could he step into that gap perhaps?
not sure if the are alowed to sign canadian pro's only european ones

TheStub

Plus the EIHL have issues with teams using ENL teams to carry spare imports.

It would be nice to see him back, even if it would be hard to see the fit in the roster at the moment.

Bring our top ENL guy up and play real 4 line hockey? :D

Just a thought, but we seem to have had a few guys part on bad terms in recent season. I hope it doesn't imply major problems in the dressing room.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Kipper

James said:
Id love Prps back in the team. I don't think (based on second hand facts admittedly) he'd be prepared to play with G as coach. Which is a great pity.
G and Prps appear not to have a problem with each other.G has invited Prps to train with the team to keep up his fitness

James

Administrator
Good. Like I said I was going on second hand information. I've always rated Prps and would be more than happy to see him a Devil again should the opportunity arise.