Rock the BBT

Possibly the most brutal and physical sport in the world (apart from merthyr league football) deserves the most brutal music in the world.

More Metal at the tent.

ASHIPP said:
Hynod said:
ASHIPP said:
In no particular order, some tunes already played and some new suggestions..

Push the button - the Sugarbabes!
Return of the mac - Mark Morrison
Anything by Adele
:eek: :D
Hynod - thought Rhythm was asking for a 'broad spectrum' so I threw in these. :D Anyway, 'Return of the Mac' is particularly appropriate for Captain Mactastic's second season at the Devils, don't you think? ;)
Good point, I'll give you that one but no Adele :D

ASHIPP said:
Hynod said:
ASHIPP said:
In no particular order, some tunes already played and some new suggestions..

Push the button - the Sugarbabes!
Return of the mac - Mark Morrison
Anything by Adele
:eek: :D
Hynod - thought Rhythm was asking for a 'broad spectrum' so I threw in these. :D Anyway, 'Return of the Mac' is particularly appropriate for Captain Mactastic's second season at the Devils, don't you think? ;)
As long as Macrae doesn't send a mate to play instead of him :lol: *

*For those that don't know... Morrison was sent down for a year after sending a mate to do his community service for him (just to explain an already barely funny joke there) :lol:

Clare said:
I think the Devils should be represented by music from Hell itself! ie. Heavy rock/metal!! The GOOOOOD stuff!!
Agreed - we have the most BADASS team and Rink in the league and it would be great if the music reflected that :D

reeeeeeally need to keep the ACDC going, and a ton of songs for vother (automatic - monster) etc. maybe some avenged sevenfold, in flames or staind too? :D

D

Deleted member 1337

bluedevil said:
Vile Richard - The Hockey Song
just watched it on a google videos video !
great song could be played a bit lauder though :twisted: x10shake the banners with all of theese songs

Finny

Whilst there are a lot of people on here asking for metal, let's not forget that not everyone who goes to Devils games has such terrible taste in music.

Hockey and rock do go well together, but it's still supposed to be a family night out.

Oh, and can we please have some Saturdays videos on the screens?

Finny said:
Whilst there are a lot of people on here asking for metal, let's not forget that not everyone who goes to Devils games has such terrible taste in music.
Sorry Finny, any opinion you give on music from now on will have to be classed as null and void after that comment :lol:

Chris

Administrator
At risk of upending the universe again or something here, but I agree with Finny :E
Saying that, in the few visits I actually managed to the big blue tent last season, the music wasn't all that bad :)

If Mr T can also make an appearance when someone gets killed by Adams/Frank/Voth/Birbraer, that'd be awesome :E

Chris.

TheStub

Re: Re: Rock the BBT

Twinkle said:
Metal is a bit 'too' heavy for me but i would love something with a rock kind of base.
I would put money on you liking (dear me I'd go far as say loving) more metal than you realise.

It isn't all about bone crushing riffs and 16th bass drums - it is more about raw music and performing as a unit. The original (as in the band that coined the term) metal band Led Zeplin are more blues than anything else, as is Hendrix. Clapton is metal really, certainly my favorite band Thin Lizzy (listen to the last ever Lizzy album and then the early Maiden - it is scary similar).

The point I'm making is the labels we apply to music are meaningless. It is about what that music means to you, and how you engaged with it.

There are songs that make me cry everytime I hear them. I don't care about genre, or what is popular there is just what I like.

Metal 101 for those who think it isn't for them:

Breed77 - The River
Faith No More - Edge of the World
Shinedown - 45
Sevendust - Angel's Son

Every one a "metal" band. Listen to the rest of their stuff - it just doesn't like to be pidgin holed.

For those who like dance, just listen to Pitchshifter - suggest you start with (pre)Disposed to Sickness.

Personally I really REALLY love music. I just think the Devils need to play (and usually do play) tracks that really drive with pumping base. It isn't a disco, it is a film soundtrack, a soundscape - it builds the mood and drops it as quickly. Paul does a good job of stamping an identity, and that is what's required. If people are more interested in what was being played through the PA rather than played on the ice we are doing something wrong.

One request - can we leave songs play this year? Last year we'd quickly chop between tracks... I'd rather the disk spin.

Don't forget Mushroomhead, Save Us aka Embrace The Ending. Two versions; one acoustic, one rip your face off metal. His voice is amazing.

Also, Tool. Oh wow... "heavy metal" ha! Maynards voice is like sex and chocolate all together!

TheStub

Clare said:
Don't forget Mushroomhead, Save Us aka Embrace The Ending. Two versions; one acoustic, one rip your face off metal. His voice is amazing.

Also, Tool. Oh wow... "heavy metal" ha! Maynards voice is like sex and chocolate all together!
Two of the best vocalists in the world there.

Maynard can just do it any school. Tool (the true owners of Pink Floyds crown) A Perfect Circle (some of the most amazing music to just chill to) and Pucifer (can't find any hole for that - except amazing and NSFW). Each totally awesome. Vicarious is my favorite track on Rock Band World Tour.

Finny said:

Hockey and rock do go well together, but it's still supposed to be a family night out.

Oh, and can we please have some Saturdays videos on the screens?
What's your preference then, Finny?

And how is rock any less family friendly than scantily dressed women of the night prancing around singing provocative lyrics?

Its like Avenged Sevenfold, for the most part, screamers, but listen to "i wont see you tonight part 1" 8:58secs of pure raw emotion... amazing.

A lot of people pidgeon-hole metal with the likes of Slipknot and screaming songs, and for the most part, its not true.

TheStub

The Devil said:
Its like Avenged Sevenfold, for the most part, screamers, but listen to "i wont see you tonight part 1" 8:58secs of pure raw emotion... amazing.

A lot of people pidgeon-hole metal with the likes of Slipknot and screaming songs, and for the most part, its not true.
Very true. Plus even Slipknot have their more ballad type songs - and then there is Stone Sour who are the vocalist and guitarist, hell of a band to chill you out. Anyone who says Corey can't sing needs to check them out.

Can I add Stone Sour - Inhale to my BBT list?

voth26

what about girlschool cant remember the title but the song is played in the steelers game in 08/09 the game in the ice man doc