Robin Gomez

James

Administrator
BIH rumours are usually gathered off forums and are ever so seldom right, so you might find this is a self propagating rumour :)

This rumour has been doing the rounds for a few weeks now, doubt theres anything to it tbh. The official line from the team is that we're after 2 D men and a first line centre and Gomez isn't either of those.
Only way I can see this one coming off is if we run with 12 imports rather than the 11 (1 spare) but can't see that happening.
Would have been a useful addition to take the pressure off Voth but that extra toughness will come from 1 of the D men I would think.

Ugly Betty said:
This rumour has been doing the rounds for a few weeks now, doubt theres anything to it tbh. The official line from the team is that we're after 2 D men and a first line centre and Gomez isn't either of those.
Only way I can see this one coming off is if we run with 12 imports rather than the 11 (1 spare) but can't see that happening.
Would have been a useful addition to take the pressure off Voth but that extra toughness will come from 1 of the D men I would think.
have 12 then Gomez can play when Voth gets banned haha

A

Anonymous

If we sign Robin Gomez I will eat my boxer shorts in front of everyone during the 1st intermission at the first home game of the season. Just cant see either happening !! :D

ASHIPP

TheDevilTorn said:
If we sign Robin Gomez I will eat my boxer shorts in front of everyone during the 1st intermission at the first home game of the season. Just cant see either happening !! :D
DT- too much information! Will these be the ones you will be wearing or a spare pair......just incase Gomez is a Devil. :lol:

A

Anonymous

ASHIPP said:
TheDevilTorn said:
DT- too much information! Will these be the ones you will be wearing or a spare pair......just incase Gomez is a Devil. :lol:
Dont want to be ejected, so best take some spare :oops: No seriously, as we know G is looking at a 1st line centre and 2 D men as his 3 imports. Therefor its highly unlikely that we will sign Gomez.
We have heard a few ideas on who the D men could be but does anyone have any ideas who this centre could be?
Interesting? !

ASHIPP

TheDevilTorn said:
Dont want to be ejected, so best take some spare :oops: No seriously, as we know G is looking at a 1st line centre and 2 D men as his 3 imports. Therefor its highly unlikely that we will sign Gomez.
We have heard a few ideas on who the D men could be but does anyone have any ideas who this centre could be?
Interesting? !
I'm just listing a few centres that have been discussed in the past and some I believe have been linked with the Devils (all with at least ECHL experience, if not AHL) - all still putting up fantastic performances..... :cool:

Ryan Held
Ryan Campbell
Dylan Gyori :eek: - German DEL - ok I'm an optimist!
Bobby Robins - Danish league
Paul Deniset - Danish league
Derek Bekar - Dutch league

Or how about Daryl Bat ....top scorer and centre in Dutch league?

A

Anonymous

Derek Bekar? Is he the dude with NHL experience? I remember us being linked to him, was it this time last season? I read it on some website, forget now which one. Bobby Robins would be good, has had Exp over here with the Giants. Dont know much about him or the others if I'm honest.

Here it is, dated November 09

http://www.britishicehockey.co.uk/news/ ... -2700.html

ASHIPP

TheDevilTorn said:
Derek Bekar? Is he the dude with NHL experience? I remember us being linked to him, was it this time last season? I read it on some website, forget now which one. Bobby Robins would be good, has had Exp over here with the Giants. Dont know much about him or the others if I'm honest.

Here it is, dated November 09

http://www.britishicehockey.co.uk/news/ ... -2700.html
Campbell/Held partnered eachother in Italy and for the same team in the ECHL.
Robins and Deniset were part of a killer scoring line for the Giants a couple of seasons ago before going to Europe.
Dylan Gyori does the rounds in our dreams every year - DEL is a top European league.
Daryl Bat played for Tilburg for several seasons - must be settled there.

James said:
Cookies_naughtyboy said:
have 12 then Gomez can play when Voth gets banned haha
Unfortunately it doesn't work like that :D
You are allowed to replace a suspended player with another import. A lot of people thought you couldn't, but both Nottingham and Belfast replaced suspended players with their extra import.

If you knew that and meant signing someone like Gomez as backup isn't possible, sorry for stating the obvious!!

James

Administrator
No I'm pretty sure that a suspended import still takes up an import slot. I'm happy to be proved wrong though. I'm sure Adams would have stepped off the bench to cover for Voth if that was the case.

Gazza272

Rempel16 said:
I don't think you can. I don't recall any team replacing suspended players with other imports.

Belfast did, although they were sneeky about it, they claimed Mcmorrow had a groin injury, when in truth he had been given too many misconduct penalties and clocked up a ban.

in that game Thornton played and replaced him and John son and Awada came back from injuiry leaving them with a full import quota.

The mis information then sent out seemed to confused the EIEIO and nothing was said or questioned.