RIP BRENT POPE

ASHIPP

Goodness me what a shock. As a player, a good servant to the Club. RIP Brent. Thoughts and prayers with his wife and family.

Last edited:

James

Administrator
I’ve deleted my thread which with the news confirmed came across a bit flippant which wasn’t the intention. I think it’s safe to say Brent had a love hate relationship with the Devils fans and the-inferno but genuinely cared for the club and worked hard for it and always had time for us. 49 is no age. Rest well Brent.

Last edited:

Celticdruid

Thread starter #7
It is very sad news and Brent did indeed care for the club but I understand your comment. He was very open about his medical diagnosis and his treatment but unfortunately this was one battle to many and he leaves behind his wife and young children whom it was clear to see he idolised.

I’ve deleted my thread which with the news confirmed came across a bit flippant which wasn’t the intention. I think it’s safe to say Brent had a love hate relationship with the Devils fans and the-inferno but genuinely cared for the club and worked hard for it as d always had time for us. 49 is no age. Rest well Brent.

Slartibartfast

Very sad to hear this. I know Brent was not everyones cup of tea but I always had a lot of respect for him. He was one of the few players who took the Learn to Play seriously and tried to make us the best we could be despite many of us being like Bambi on ice.

E.D.S.

Solid player and a wonderful commentator. He would carry solo commentary effortlessly where others would struggle. A joy to listen to. Made the Olympics accessible to everyone from hockey newbies to experienced watchers. Very talented.

Finny

Desperately sad news for someone still so young.

Thoughts with his wife and young children at this dreadful time.

matbur

I never had the pleasure of watching Brent Pope play or the opportunity to speak with him, but awfully sad news and condolences to all his family and friends.