Riley Brandt

moggy#9

Thread starter #1
I just read an article defending what Riley Brandt brings to the devils.

https://hockeysteve.co.uk/2023/09/12/the-riley-brandt-hypothesis/

I've no problem with the article, I'm just astonished that it was necessary for it to be written. I can understand fans of other teams disliking him, because he's so frustrating to play against. If anyone in devils colours questioned his place, I'd question their sanity.

For me, someone who has been watching hockey for a very long time, Riley would be one of the first players I'd want signed every year and who I'd want to spend his entire career in Cardiff. He epitomises hard work and determination.

He's unlikely to put up cold Sanford numbers, but my goodness, he can change a game.

As a side note, with his Welsh ancestry and being around a couple of years, will he become eligible for GB?

Wannabe2

Don’t even understand why this was wrote to be honest with you, Brandt is most certainly a fans favourite, and this article doesn’t do any justice to the man one bit as it’s just not needed. Brandt is a player that to us fans is a true devil,thru and thru, we all wanted Riley back I don’t know anyone who thought differently. Lot of fuss about nothing if you ask me.

fridaysfingers

I haven’t read the article yet but I’ve seen a lot of comments on Twitter from other fab bases regarding his lack of point production and that a few hits here and there are not worth an import spot.
Without reading it, this can be the only thing it would be aimed at.
Don’t think he would be justifying Brandt to Devils fan base

moggy#9

Thread starter #4
I haven’t read the article yet but I’ve seen a lot of comments on Twitter from other fab bases regarding his lack of point production and that a few hits here and there are not worth an import spot.
Without reading it, this can be the only thing it would be aimed at.
Don’t think he would be justifying Brandt to Devils fan base
Those other fan bases don't understand what he brings, and they'd love to have him on their team.

E.D.S.

I don't recognise any of the so called feedback from fans about "gone by christmas" or why is he here? Certainly no more than any other player. Not sure I fully understand the purpose of the article, it's accuracy or it's validity. May be it's someone starting out on their journalist career and good luck to them with that.

Brandt is integral to the team and bigger than that, he is integral to the culture, identity and the product that the Devils are offering... and he's bloody good as well.

Swarley

Reading that comes across as clout chasing for clicks.

Without Brandt on the team we would be absolutely screwed seeing as he's our only real line of defence against dirty plays now.

And trying to compare Chad to Riley is like comparing oil to cheese, they're two completely different characters and fill completely different roles on the team.

moggy#9

Thread starter #8
Reading that comes across as clout chasing for clicks.

Without Brandt on the team we would be absolutely screwed seeing as he's our only real line of defence against dirty plays now.

And trying to compare Chad to Riley is like comparing oil to cheese, they're two completely different characters and fill completely different roles on the team.
The fact that he chose to take a screen shot of my post on the inferno and then post it on twitter is somewhat annoying.

E.D.S.

But he wouldn’t be annoyed by other fans. Other fans would be annoyed by him. Grammatically poor.
Surely he would be an ‘annoyance to other fans’