rhino sports joins Devils and squeelers brand!

zoesdevil

Thread starter #1
On twitter it says that Tim Smith the owner has joined up as a shareholder with Rink Corp! The Devils and Squeelers brand!!

http://bit.ly/fHDkEQ

Does this mean we will be getting Rhino jersey's instead of CH Sports ones now?

wildthing74

Interesting and I would think its nailed on that we will start seeing the Rhino shirts from next year.I'm not a fan of the cheap printed look of them personally but I guess Paul Ragan is looking to make us more commercially viable and I guess this will be one of many changes.
So if CH get hooked even more reason for our favourite stripey to hold a grudge?

zoesdevil

Thread starter #3
Ye I'm a fan of CH jersey's not printed ones as they eventually peel off due to washing but CH last alot longer!! Hicks will be a nightmare now even more than normal if that's possible!! :lol:
I think if Ragan does change the jersey's to Rhino then he will see a big decline in sales! But will it make them cheaper in price which people may prefer!!

James

Administrator
Oh well. I heard a rumour of this a little while ago and hoped it wasn't true. It doesn't make a difference to the team I guess and that's what matters but it's a shame when they are trying to make the company more professional, they are going to be wearing chavvy rags on the ice. I've only got one Rhino jersey and said I wouldn't buy any more as the quality just isn't there and their designs are usually poor or ripped of CH jerseys (last seasons playoff jerseys being the same design as the Devils league jerseys for example). I guess it will save me money in the long run though.

Skippy

I wonder was in Rhino who did the design work on the Blaze xmas jersey ? Which is possibly the worst I have ever seen..

ASHIPP

But how do we know that there won't be anymore crested jerseys? Can't see PR compromising on quality - perhaps they will re-instate the sewn badges and team crest onto the Rhino shirt?

TheStub

Unless they go with a CH style shirt from Rhino. If CH can make them, then I would guess Rhino can.

I've noticed the Blaze jerseys are slightly higher quality this year, like an embossed effect. Hopefully we can avoid the chav tastic screen prints. Those Christmas jerseys were just awful, and as for the Help for Hero's on :(

I could see this coming when the CH shop stopped doing Devils stuff TBH.

Booooooooooo to weird cheap looking digitally printed shirts.

wildthing74

The only shirt I've ever seen by Rhino that looked any good was the Swindon red jerseys.Simple 2 colour design and to be fair looked pretty decent.Other than that the rest look cheap and no thought at all in their design.

TheStub

Re: Re: rhino sports joins Devils and squeelers brand!

wildthing74 said:
The only shirt I've ever seen by Rhino that looked any good was the Swindon red jerseys.Simple 2 colour design and to be fair looked pretty decent.Other than that the rest look cheap and no thought at all in their design.
I have often wondered at what end of the deal the fault lay. With the club for a bad design or Rhino for making/suggesting?

looks like i'll be buying a jersey this season, probably be the last for a while. Will be very unimpressed if we end up with those cheapy printed shirts.

To be fair, I've had Rhino shirts for playing roller hockey and they were pretty good quality. The screen printing was spot on and it gave a greater flexibility for the design. Any poor designs are down to the creativity in the club in question. For us, they did exactly what I had envisaged in a consept. They're great to play in as they are a fraction of the pro weight of the CH Sports shirts. That said, the CH Sports shirts pretty much take a battering and come out unscathed and have a better feel (off the ice).
You'll probably get exactly the same design, but at the fraction of the price, as you're not stumping up for the cost of the embroidered logo.

Chris

Administrator
Any poor designs are down to the creativity in the club in question.
Essentially we're shafted then.

After all the effort that went into the 25th anniversary jerseys of taking one logo off, putting ours on and then sticking a couple on the shoulder we might as well just wait for our shiny, Coventry Blaze style, 'special' jerseys to turn up...

Chris.