Retro Jerseys

jenks33

I haven’t bought a Devils jersey for years but I would 100% buy this if it was on sale.

Just looking at some of the other retro jerseys. I think Guildford and Nottingham look decent. Coventrys is awful but the worst of the lot is Belfast. Just looks like they forgot to design one

jimmy snels

Retro bar prices happy hour between 7 and 10 that would be nice...to my memory it was 1.70 pint around 1996 ish..
Wasn't long ago devils was a cheap night out. I find the increased costs continuously escalating to be a serious turn away, especially with the notable decrease in performance and entertainment in recent years. Parking is the latest of many things under threat of becoming an additional cost. The price of a pint from the bbt to the new rink is nearly double now. The 5 pound for a cock up jersey ticket another example of a money grab that I wasn't impressed about. Each to their own but I've not bought a shirt off his back since the same person winning multiple jerseys. I just feel like the value for money has dropped to be honest.

kingmo19.1

Wasn't long ago devils was a cheap night out. I find the increased costs continuously escalating to be a serious turn away, especially with the notable decrease in performance and entertainment in recent years. Parking is the latest of many things under threat of becoming an additional cost. The price of a pint from the bbt to the new rink is nearly double now. The 5 pound for a cock up jersey ticket another example of a money grab that I wasn't impressed about. Each to their own but I've not bought a shirt off his back since the same person winning multiple jerseys. I just feel like the value for money has dropped to be honest.
Spot on, seems just to be a relentlessly focused cash generation business these days.

I’m all for business looking to make a profit, but those that go overboard and push absolutely everything to the limit is seriously unattractive.

Devils86

To be fair to the Devils at least they don't release 5 different special edition jerseys every year. I know a lot of fans like them but for me it's quite saturated. 1 special edition each season (along with Pride) is enough.

Not sure if it was Panthers or Blaze that have released Halloween, Remembrance Xmas, Valentines, Pride and Retro this season?

I must admit to liking the various St Davids Day jerseys though.

In recent seasons I can only think the Devils have released: St Davids in 2013/14 & 2017/18; Xmas 2018/19 (Tree design); 35 year anniversary last season; the annual Pride jerseys...

James

Administrator
Todd has said in the past he's not a big fan of one off jerseys as its often seen as gouging the fans. Too many jerseys is usually a sign of a team in financial trouble (see Newcastle's last year where almost every game was a limited jersey event)
I do feel we have gone too far the other way now though. Especially with the relative ease of production these days.
I am clearly in the minority who doesnt like the retro jersey though :) To my eye the 2005 season was the pinnacle of shirt design. Simple and classic.