Request for Fan Meeting

Finny

Think we're going a bit off topic now......but anyway......

I think you're being a bit optomistic there Rempel16 with which teams could play EIHL hockey - unless you are planning to severely drop the standard - which I don't.

There is no chance of Slough being able to afford it. Their rink is a dump and they only get around 300 fans a game. They only compete at the moment because their player/owner is bank-rolling them massively.

And I don't think north/south conferences would be the way to go. I'd rather have two divisions where Division 2 allows teams to have a lower budget and maybe even a lower import level. This I think would be more likely to be attractive to the higher EPL teams and give them time to get used to a higher import standard before having to pay the big budget EIHL teams every week. Especially if you set the EIHL Div 2 standard close to BNL standard.

League games would be against teams in your own division, but there would be cup competitions involving both divisions.

EIHL Division 1:
Cardiff
Belfast
Nottingham
Sheffield
Coventry
Dundee
Braehead
Guildford

EIHL Division 2:
Manchester
Hull
Edinburgh
Newcastle
Fife
Basingstoke
Milton Keynes
Bracknell

I think we are still a couple of years away from this though, but I think the EPL is starting to become more two-split than the EIHL and it could see more teams leave perhaps next season.

DevilDom

I can see the benefit of either set up (if they ever come to fruition).

The idea of a North / South Conference is a better would reduce travel costs and perhaps be more attractive to some.

Whilst the division 1 and 2 approach may also work with different import levels.

However it was my understanding that the reason a lot of the Southern EPL teams would not consider joining the Elite League was because of the additional travel involved. Didn't Neil Black say that he didn't want anyone South of Coventry in the Elite League or something along those lines?