Reasons to be Cheerful

kettdevil1

Thread starter #1
I can't believe some of the negativity on The Inferno over the last few weeks. I'm not sure where this culture of whinging has come from but it is becoming profoundly depressing.

As I see it, we have the best team for many years, we have an owner committed to the team, we have rising attendances and there have been some great games already this year.

So let's have a positive thread - only one rule. Each poster can add one new reason for being cheerful.

If you are not positive - don't post on this thread!

Completely agree, all this whinging is doing my head in, were in a better position than we have been for a long time. I think burge is doing a fantastic job with the team/organisation.
My positive input.... sheffield in the bottom 3 :D

DevilDom

I have really enjoyed nearly every game I have watched at the big blue tent this year. The games against Sheffield and Nottingham standing out for me. We have a very attacking and exciting team (even if we did lose to Darnell, i mean Panthers tonight!).

nmase20 said:
Completely agree, all this whinging is doing my head in, were in a better position than we have been for a long time. I think burge is doing a fantastic job with the team/organisation.
But we still aint good enough - yet!

Bob has gone
We are two months in to the season and no begging bowls out from the club
Bob has gone
By the end of the week PI could be gone
Bob has gone
Bob has gone
Bob has gone
Bob has gone

So its not all doom and gloom

dave hardman said:
nmase20 said:
But we still aint good enough - yet!
talk about buzz kill, if you don't have anything positive to say don't say it.

well.
Club put the chuck a puck up to a pound ....boooooooo
Last nights shirt of his back was in fact not a shirt of his back and was Dorian smiths (who I have not seen play at all this season....boooooooooo
My good lady give me grief for getting the little one home late last night (school this morning) ......boooo
Brad is turning into an angel and wont fight..boooooo

Cheerfull... We are going to tyneside on saturday(not sure how to get tickets though).
Still enjoying the hockey... cmon devels........

Jedward are still in the X-Factor :D

I can't get over the whining either, I wrote out a reply earlier in the week to something someone was moaning about but after previewing it I decided against sending it, as it was way too harsh to that one person, when generally I'm more annoyed at the trivial matters a suprisingly large number of people seem to want to have a moan at the management about.

Matt Burge has a life and other business committments. We should be greatful that he's bought us and put so much of his own time, effort and MONEY into us! We finally have a year where its not in any doubt as to whether we'll actually finish the year! Or that we're not asking other clubs fans to help out financially and sign petitions to save us, also our attendances are increasing and the media are finally giving us lots of coverage etc.

Granted Matt's put alot more money into us this year than we've had for a while, but you can't transform overnight into a championship winning team (unless your talking football money terms). The top sides this year (Belfast, Nottingham and Coventry) have all had a decent amount of money for a considerable amount of years and are stable! Sheffield won the league and play-offs last year because they effectively had the same team as the year before and again were stable. This is our first real year where we can compete with the bigger clubs and we're not doing too bad. We've beaten Nottingham, Belfast and Coventry and if we go on a winning run for a few games we'll be right back at the top again. This year when I see Nottingham or Belfast on the fixture list I actually think this will be a good game we've got a chance at winning. It used to be oh great, another loss (especially away games).

Seriously, people need to stop thinking 'I know if I go on the forum and whine, then the management will quickly sort out my problem because they don't want the bad publicity'. The days of Bob are gone, the new management are not trying to destroy (probably to strong a word but I couldn't think of another) us in any way.

If its Bob people want, you know where Sheffield is! I hear he's doing wonders up there....

(PS. Its amazing the posts you can come up with when you have uni assignments to be done :D )