Raising our banners...

BostonBart22

Thread starter #1
I know its a long way off but any thoughts on anyone to raise our banners...my choice would be scott matzka..if fit enough to travel...and on a night we play sheffield...

CC banner should be raised in our CC game against Sheffield.
League banner should be raised in our first league game against Sheffield.
Conference banner should be raised in our second league game against Sheffield.
Yes....THIS needs to happen

Wannabe2

CC banner should be raised in our CC game against Sheffield.
League banner should be raised in our first league game against Sheffield.
Conference banner should be raised in our second league game against Sheffield.
Why don't we raise them in Sheffield, copies of course, that would be neat.

ASHIPP

Absolutely the idea of raising the banners at Ritchie's testimonial.:cool:Very fitting too at a match celebrating the skill and loyalty of a great player - add the fact that he captained many of those games last season when Mo was injured. Why would we want the Steelers and their fans taking up room at something that is OUR celebration? We showed them enough times last season why our Team was the best. Think they have got the message now. We use any reason (justified) to criticise them for classless behaviour.....let's stay classy ourselves.

august04

The banners should be raised close to the first competitive game of the season (league preferably) and I would have no qualms if that was against Sheffield. It shouldn't be during Richie's testimonial, that night should be all about him not banner raising - and his testimonial is probably more likely to take place further into the season.

Kal

I agree that it should happen during one of our first competitive games, opponent shouldn't matter. It'll probably be used to help market preseason games though

Wannabe2

Nothing should take anything away from Ritchie's night, he gave up his earlier date to help a fellow team mate in Matzka, typical Mark, this young man deserves HIS NIGHT. Without a doubt one of the very best signings the Devils have ever made, I mean ever, incredible player, beautiful human being, and one of life's true Gentlemen. Ritchie could walk into any team in the league, Panthers couldn't believe it when he left them to come to us, but who wouldn't. One of my favourite all time players by a country mile.