Rabbits

Kevlar68

I'm not in to following players/coaches when they leave, they've left and nothing to do with the Devils anymore so i really don't care BUT this may be a post sort of saying Lord is on a downward with Rabbits, we haven't got the right coaches, is there a possible move back for Lord? Perhaps that's what this thread is implying.

James

Administrator
Yeah I moved it across. Didn't someone say Lordo had moved upstairs to a GM job so wouldn't be coaching the team now anyway ?

kettdevil1

Lordo has the team playing very well at the moment… certainly punching above their weight.
Definitely - 7-3-0 in last 10 and 0.641 overall. Given they are in the toughest conference to be 4 pts off top is a decent effort.

I wonder if there will be a move upwards to the AHL at some point soon?

ASHIPP

Lordo is surely destined for higher things. He's earning his stripes in all aspects of that club. That will stand him in good stead for any future opportunities.
Aren't the Rabbits the ECHL level farm team for the Carolina Hurricanes organisation now?

kettdevil1

Lordo is surely destined for higher things. He's earning his stripes in all aspects of that club. That will stand him in good stead for any future opportunities.
Aren't the Rabbits the ECHL level farm team for the Carolina Hurricanes organisation now?
They are an LA Kings affiliate

kettdevil1

Six games to go and they are back down to third and have played an extra game. They are in an exceptionally tough conference (6 out of 7 teams are above .500) and still haven't confirmed their playoff slot so..... one more push needed

kettdevil1

So if my maths are correct the Rabbits need a maximum of 3 points from their last five games to qualify for the playoffs. They are on a slightly worrying streak of losing their last three and playing .500 hockey in the last month, but the top teams in the South are pretty much on a par with each other so even if they slip to fourth, I would still say they have a decent chance of going deep in the playoffs.