Quite an embarrassing fight.

James

Administrator
And that's a very good illustration why we don't want Rhino shirts next year. You can see the fight strap ripped off with little or no effort.

wildthing74

I know Schwarz fancies himself as a tough D man but talk about well out of your depth.I'd say hes lucky Hoffman didnt destroy him when his shirt came over his head,I bet the likes of Penner wouldn't have shown the same class as Hoffman.
What I like about Hoffman is he knows he is a tough guy and probably the hardest in the league but doesn't feel the need to go around spoiling for a fight to prove it.Great guy to have on your team IMO.

James said:
And that's a very good illustration why we don't want Rhino shirts next year. You can see the fight strap ripped off with little or no effort.
I don't think it ripped off - it either came undone very easily or wasn't done up in the first place (which should result in a 2 min illegal equipment call) - the issue with Rhino fight straps is that the velcro section is pretty flimsy, the strap itself is narrow and there are no metal popper fastenings. All in all that makes them pretty worthless.

Nope, clearly ripped off as it is hanging off the back of the shirt post fight! Rhino are a very poor cousin to CH in this country. The main issues with Rhino are the build quality, sizing issues (XXXL is like a XL in every other make) and most of all the heat from the body can't escape as the weav is too tight and the fabric creates a lot of friction; essentially making the player wear a bin bag like sweat suit!

Just watched it again and you're absolutely right - thought it was hanging undone from the jersey but it's actually hanging from the loop in the shorts, having completely detached from the jersey. Flipping heck, it's not even like the jersey was yanked upwards that hard so I dread to think just how poorly that strap was sewn to the jersey. It's pointless having even the best and most sturdy fight strap if the point of attachment is weak.

You're also spot on re the sizing. I think the only guy on the Devils current roster who could comfortably wear anything smaller than 4XL is Jon Pelle. :D

Kipper

Devildrums said:
James said:
I don't think it ripped off - it either came undone very easily or wasn't done up in the first place (which should result in a 2 min illegal equipment call) - the issue with Rhino fight straps is that the velcro section is pretty flimsy, the strap itself is narrow and there are no metal popper fastenings. All in all that makes them pretty worthless.
Yeah but what do you know about shirts? ;)