Prpich released...

All we know guys is that Prpich has been released - this was not only a decision by G but but Shannon and Matt Burge, so the decision obviously went against Prpich whatever happened.

If it (whatever he did) warranted a sacking - then so be it. It happen's in everyday jobs.

Pleximan

Chris Stone said:
How exactly have we gone from Prpich being sacked, to accusing other forum members of trying to 'buddy up' to the players?

If you are referring to my post Chris, I did not name and was not neccasarily referring to 'celticdruid'.
However,the sychophants are generally the types who make the most noise and create a fuss when a player leaves, because they won't be able to drink with them at the bar next coming season.

Prpich was a good player for the Devils in the 2 years he was here, not a great player, just good. His performances towards the end of last season tailed off and most notably the playoffs were average at best. Because of that I was actually disappointed that we had initially re-signed him.
If the Devils want to seriously challenge for the league championship next season, then they have to improve on these players with 'better' players.

Prpich has gone, and maybe now Gerad Adams will sign a much better player as a replacement.
That is good enough for me.

Chris Stone said:
How exactly have we gone from Prpich being sacked, to accusing other forum members of trying to 'buddy up' to the players?

Well said Chris and thankyou.

My posting was my views and thoughts only and was not meant to cause any arguments between other users.

I completely agree that it will be very interesting to see whom replaces Prps and G now has a hard task ahead of him looking for such a gritty replacement. I just hope that certain other players dont now pull out of contracts etc and sign the official EIHL contract.

We need someone gritty that is prepared to put himself into hits etc but with the speed and stick handling skills to boot. Does Jay have a twin brother???? lol.

This will be a big loss for us and a big gain for any team in the Elite.

Pirps was a great signing for this season after last season.

I just dont know if Adams will be able to find the perfect replacement.

Pleximan

Burgy said:

Uhhh......yes he will!!!

Spatzy said:
stewie griffin said:
What was his off ice attitude like then for him to be gassed?? :?
he just never seemed the type to interact with the fans, and he seemed a bit strange..i dunno..there was something which wasnt right...
he has helped out at the junior devils' training a few times...seemed alright then!

junior-devil said:
Spatzy said:
stewie griffin said:
What was his off ice attitude like then for him to be gassed?? :?
he just never seemed the type to interact with the fans, and he seemed a bit strange..i dunno..there was something which wasnt right...
he has helped out at the junior devils' training a few times...seemed alright then!
yeah his on ice attitude seemed fine, its just whenever i went to the bar he was always with the same few and didnt seem to be really interacting with the fans, its only my opinion anyway, but i think there is also a better player out there somewhere.

ASHIPP

Whatever has happened, you can bet that there will be an announcement from the Club about a new signing fairly soon. I doubt that Matt, Shannon or G will want to leave folks with a nasty taste in their mouths about a difficult situation. They will be as anxious to move on and give the fans some good news as we will be excited to receive it.

E.D.S.

Pleximan said:
Burgy said:

Uhhh......yes he will!!!
Absolutely right he will!
People lets start to get a grip here. I don't care if it was Mark Smith or Mario Lemieux that G just gassed. Providing the circumstances justify the sacking then what G has done is superb!! He's gone up hugely in my estimations. He is truley putting himself on the line here.
Let's say he kept Prps on, how would other players feel, how would they respond to G, what precedent would he be setting? G has made a statement here. A really positive statement.
How many players to do you see being sent home from world cups, Ashes series and various other tours for breaches of discipline or misconduct? Plenty!! the team cohesion and attitude is more important than anything. Joey Barton - teams have chosen not to touch him as they know he's a nightmare. I wonder how much the decison to join Newcastle affected their demise (forget the fact he was injured a lot) think about how you felt when you heard Newcastle signed him!! Now I'm not suggesting for one minute that Prps is like Barton, I'm just tyring to make the point that these things happen (albeit with a rather extreme example - sorry)
G has taken the most difficult decision. It would have been far easier to keep Prps on. He has proven he can score and compete in this league, he'll no doubt do well for another team. G has taken the stance to gas him and bring in a new talent as a result of a situation that went against the Cardiff Devils principles, code of conduct and ways of working. I personally give him a lot of respect and he is becoming the kind of coach that I want managing my team. I want my players to have his attitude. He's performing the role and making the decisions that he's made to do.
Well done G. This is the same type of class and decision making that the Steelers should've made (and what many of their fans were calling for) when that punchbag Sharp was acting like a total moran on and off the ice (allegedly) - I'd love to see their code of conduct!

And for those of you that think we wont get anyone better...I assume this is your first year of hockey. Great players come and go it's a fact!! I've loved watching Prps and I genuinely thank him for his service, he's been worth the entrance fee alone at times but we move on and move up wards. Thanks Prps and thank you G! There will be others - we recovered after Mo, Doug, Brebant, Cadieux, Thornton, Matulip, Smith, Bribraer have left. There will be others!

Nice one G!

Ps - loved that post about buddying with the players. Admittedly it may have been taken out of context and possibly not fitting with this post but you can't fault the honesty!! Hilarious and so true!

Pleximan

E.D.S. said:
Pleximan said:
Burgy said:

Uhhh......yes he will!!!
Absolutely right he will!
People lets start to get a grip here. I don't care if it was Mark Smith or Mario Lemieux that G just gassed. Providing the circumstances justify the sacking then what G has done is superb!! He's gone up hugely in my estimations. He is truley putting himself on the line here.
Let's say he kept Prps on, how would other players feel, how would they respond to G, what precedent would he be setting? G has made a statement here. A really positive statement.
How many players to do you see being sent home from world cups, Ashes series and various other tours for breaches of discipline or misconduct? Plenty!! the team cohesion and attitude is more important than anything. Joey Barton - teams have chosen not to touch him as they know he's a nightmare. I wonder how much the decison to join Newcastle affected their demise (forget the fact he was injured a lot) think about how you felt when you heard Newcastle signed him!! Now I'm not suggesting for one minute that Prps is like Barton, I'm just tyring to make the point that these things happen (albeit with a rather extreme example - sorry)
G has taken the most difficult decision. It would have been far easier to keep Prps on. He has proven he can score and compete in this league, he'll no doubt do well for another team. G has taken the stance to gas him and bring in a new talent as a result of a situation that went against the Cardiff Devils principles, code of conduct and ways of working. I personally give him a lot of respect and he is becoming the kind of coach that I want managing my team. I want my players to have his attitude. He's performing the role and making the decisions that he's made to do.
Well done G. This is the same type of class and decision making that the Steelers should've made (and what many of their fans were calling for) when that punchbag Sharp was acting like a total moran on and off the ice (allegedly) - I'd love to see their code of conduct!

And for those of you that think we wont get anyone better...I assume this is your first year of hockey. Great players come and go it's a fact!! I've loved watching Prps and I genuinely thank him for his service, he's been worth the entrance fee alone at times but we move on and move up wards. Thanks Prps and thank you G! There will be others - we recovered after Mo, Doug, Brebant, Cadieux, Thornton, Matulip, Smith, Bribraer have left. There will be others!

Nice one G!

Ps - loved that post about buddying with the players. Admittedly it may have been taken out of context and possibly not fitting with this post but you can't fault the honesty!! Hilarious and so true!
Now that is a good post!
Very sensible and balanced and some good points you make there about players sent home from other sporting tournaments for breach of discipline.
I agree with pretty much everything you have said there, players do come and go, we have seen it happen so many times down the years. Remember when Mike Ware left us to sign for Sheffield Steelers because he was upset that Paul Heavey gassed his brother Greg? The Devils went out and replaced him with Mike MacWilliam! The hardest man to play for the Devils, and that includes Brad Voth!

The whingers who have cried their tears over Mike Prpich on this thread will be the falling over themselves to be the first to crow about the great signing the Devils have made as his replacement. What a great player the Devils have signed, they will say. What great stats, he looks a very good gritty player who can score, they will say. Then they will quickly be thinking about the prestige about being the first to buddy up to him at the bar, so they can dream about being invited to be his best man at his wedding or invited to fly out to Canada to see the family ranch or something. Hilarious! Hahahaha

osh

Hope someone can enlighten me with the following information please.

With Prpich being released, does that mean we still have 5 import places to fill ? If so, am I correct in assuming we are awaiting a complete 1st line of new signings and then the other 2 slots would be for new D men ? I am assuming that G is filling an import slot also ( correct or not pls ? )

Finny

osh said:

With Prpich being released, does that mean we still have 5 import places to fill ? If so, am I correct in assuming we are awaiting a complete 1st line of new signings and then the other 2 slots would be for new D men ? I am assuming that G is filling an import slot also ( correct or not pls ? )
That's how I understand it yes.
So we are still to sign the whole of our 1st line (all imports)
1 import winger for the 3rd line.
Our #1 import defenceman.

Rempel16

Yes you are right that we have 5 imports left.

G has stated though, that he is thinking of 7 import forwards.

So we have a whole 1st line, a third line winger and a d-man to sign.

Wannabe2

osh said:

We do indeed need 5 imports now, and counting G we have 5 already signed, what combination G will take i am unsure of.

Russky

Perhaps I am stating the obvious please forgive me if I am) but the only ones that know whats gone on are Prps himself, Gerad and Shannon! Speculate all you like but what is it going to achieve? A decision has been made and thats the bottomline! The consequences of it are yet to be seen! Maybe if G signs a player with a PROVEN track recordand or they go on to prove themselves as a hit with the team and fans alike, Prps will become a distant memory, I write that with all the respect that is due to Prpich!

FAO Prps: Thanks for your contribution on the ice over the last two seasons and good luck!

To the rest of us on here: Lets get over it and move on!

TheStub

I wouldn't be unduly surprised if he ended up with someone like Sheffield, but also I could understand them being cautious.

He has been canned for an off ice matter, and in a manner that looks like a considered response to a situation.

Sheffield are having to rebuild their team quite majorly this year, and one thing that has marked Matty's management of the side has been the 'whole team' approach. I wonder if he may not risk a personality clash. They will probably talk to him though - they would be stupid not to.