Proud to be a Devils Fan

Thread starter #1
I've always been proud to be a Devils fan, through good and bad, high and low, never followed any other team or sport. But if it's at all possible I'm even prouder now.

The Streak was fantastic, and I'd rather it broken by Dundee (or Edinburgh, Breahead, Newcastle or Hull) rather than certain other teams. And let's face it, even if we hadn't broken any records it would still be an awsome thing. As is it, we have broken records, and it's great.

We're still top of the League, which is a great place to be, and have a very good shot at all three titles.

On top of this we've have some vindication for at times being treated like as second class citizens by the League and other teams, especially when we're the better club. If I was paranoid I'd go as far as to use the word 'conspiracy', but life's too short.

I'm proud of our team, of what they've accomplished, and of the rest of the gang off the ice. And of my fellow Devils fans.

No more 'what ifs', 'never minds' or 'maybes'. Let's go kick some butt and bring that silverware back to it's rightful home. :twisted:

voth26

draig-goch said:
I've always been proud to be a Devils fan, through good and bad, high and low, never followed any other team or sport. But if it's at all possible I'm even prouder now.

The Streak was fantastic, and I'd rather it broken by Dundee (or Edinburgh, Breahead, Newcastle or Hull) rather than certain other teams. And let's face it, even if we hadn't broken any records it would still be an awsome thing. As is it, we have broken records, and it's great.

We're still top of the League, which is a great place to be, and have a very good shot at all three titles.

On top of this we've have some vindication for at times being treated like as second class citizens by the League and other teams, especially when we're the better club. If I was paranoid I'd go as far as to use the word 'conspiracy', but life's too short.

I'm proud of our team, of what they've accomplished, and of the rest of the gang off the ice. And of my fellow Devils fans.

No more 'what ifs', 'never minds' or 'maybes'. Let's go kick some butt and bring that silverware back to it's rightful home. :twisted:
Well said nothing more to say except bring it on

Earnie

Well said Ddraig Goch. Chin up boys - we are proud of what you have achieved. Now bring on Nottingham and show your class.

Yup, very well said! ...the winning streak was amazing but had to end at some point, the whole team should be extreamly proud of what they have achieved so far this season...lets hope they can put some icing on the cake at the end of the season! :cool:

wildthing74

Good post Draig.If I recall before the last Dundee loss we won 5 straight them so by my reckoning 27 wins out of 29 games is unreal whichever way you look at it.
As you say it would have been worse to let a rival team take the run away but for me my main focus is the tiltle and I would love us to get that over any world record.
We got a point last night and with a bit of luck(another 4 times hitting the pipes :roll:)and without the late pens,maybe we would have taken both points.
Super proud to be a Devil and would love us to show the 'big' clubs how a so called smaller team can achieve greatness without a big budget just by hard work,excellent coaching,awesome team spirit and the best fans in the league.

Absolutely, agree, proud to be a Devils fan.
I have been luck to be around to witness some great times over the 25 years.
This streak is up there with the best. Well done to the guys, and support staff. Brilliant.
By my reckoning there are 21 dates on the fixture list. Additional to this there are, the possibility of, god willing,of a semi final and final.
And at the end of the season the play off rounds.
This one was just practice for the big one! Wednesday night the streak starts all over again. The Red Army will be out in force. let’s go Devils, let’s go!!!!!!

drainage

We knew we would lose at some point - it doesnt change the run we had and we should rightly be proud of our team.

Onwards and upwards lads - lots more hockey to be played and fingers crossed won:D