Preseason Games

wildthing74

Let's hope we get to return the favour next year and get a trip to Zagreb! Fantastic city and really cheap to eat and drink so nothing would please me more than a reason to go back.

Pleximan

What a great coup to bring a KHL team here! We had better sign some pretty good standard imports to compete with Medvescak. Say 5 or 6 NHLers hahaha

Devil_Abroad

Not sure 3,000 seats are enough - can we move it to Belfast? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] (cries with laughter emoticons)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

voth26

Great quality opposition to start pre season. Nice of Todd to give credit to Stevie Lyle would have easy to take credit for this. Pity I'm away!!.
Hopefully we can give a good account of ourselves in these games

wildthing74

I really hope fans get behind these games and sell them out as they are the best team we've had in Cardiff since the 90s. It was always fantastic hosting top European sides and seeing their skill levels so if this goes well we can hope to get similar every season.

Everybody moans about us playing Coventry each pre season but this announcement is way better than any of us could imagine so it's a chance to support the club from the first game.I hope we might attract a lot of neutrals too as with very little hockey being played that early it would be nice to think we can get other teams fans popping down to 1 of the games.

If ever there was a time to bring a friend to their first game I think these could be the matches.Even at pre season KHL players will be so much better than anything we will see all year.

Devil_Abroad

Depending on what other teams have on those dates I'm sure fans from around the league will be itching to visit - eek will I be able to get 2 tickets for the Saturday game?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

osh

These two games will be very interesting for a number of reasons. First and foremost for the quality of opposition. Secondly, it is earlier than we normally play 'friendlies' ( a full week for example before we played Brest last season ). Which also means we will have more friendlies to play after these games, so don't be surprised to see our usual quota of games against Coventry pre season.

Medvescak will roll with 4 lines I would imagine, so it's likely we will have to also play with 4 lines. It also means that we will have to have players onboard earlier than usual. That would mean the team training together at the start of August. Whether we have a full roster at that time is another matter, we may have to bring in a couple of 'loan' players perhaps from EPL level. Should we be able to bring in a complete squad at the beginning of August, that would be a bonus. Being able to train well before the regular season starts also means the new guys can bond quicker and settle down in a new environment before the proper season kicks off.

wildthing74

Already had 3 non Devils friends contact me today saying they will come down and watch both games :p Good work on getting this done to anybody at the club responsible this will surely help us prepare greatly for the season.

terry hunt

I understood from club statements last year that the Brest arrangement was to be a longer term

idea to aid player developement.

Will we also be playing Brest but with perhaps better timing than last year

SteveKing

I'm really excited about this. Not only have the Devils made good strides over the last couple of years but the whole league has as well. This is another chance to show the hockey world that the EIHL is a very good league that's on the rise. A place where any hockey player would be very pleased to play.

I'm just mad that I'm on family holidays and won't be able to attend!

BostonBart22

SteveKing said:
I'm really excited about this. Not only have the Devils made good strides over the last couple of years but the whole league has as well. This is another chance to show the hockey world that the EIHL is a very good league that's on the rise. A place where any hockey player would be very pleased to play.

I'm just mad that I'm on family holidays and won't be able to attend!
that old chestnut, your on a scouting mission for a few new players. :) :)