Pre-Season Games v Coventry

Finny

Thread starter #1
Coventry have announced their pre-season schedule which includes games against us:

Wed 27th Aug 7.30pm Coventry v Cardiff
Wed 3rd Sep Cardiff v Coventry

Earnie

Coventry are putting a good team together. I hope by the end of the week
or thereabouts I can say the same about Devils?

Thank goodness its not v Esjberg!!

Chris

Administrator
12 games against them last year!

I think I had a little graph or spreadsheet somewhere keeping track of how many times we'd played them compared to everyone else the past 5 or 6 years. I can see why we play them preseason, but it's not all that exciting seeing the same team so many times...

Have Hope#35

Shame we can't get a game against someone like Telford... Makes perfect sense from a financial point of view to play Coventry though, especially if it has to be an EIHL Team!? Maybe with it being the New Arena 2015/16 we could play a team like Boston Bruins :lol: :roll: ;)

DevilDom

While they are not the most exciting pre-season games, as others have said I'm just happy that given the ownership change we have been able to arrange some at such short notice. I'm sure once TK has had some more time in the role he will be able to look at other alternatives for next season.

Temme

the pre-season games are always hugely entertaining. We always travel up to Coventry and have had some absolute belters against them.

Conboy cleaning Olson out and jumping him & getting thrown - pre season last year.

Harvey vs Plumton (probably the best fight of the season last year with both guys leaving the ice for stitches).

Sure there was another fight up in Coventry too.

Marsh vs Harvey at the BBT - insane fight with both throwing haymakers.

I, for one, am glad we're playing them, as they were the best games that I attended last year!

Wannabe2

Temme said:
the pre-season games are always hugely entertaining. We always travel up to Coventry and have had some absolute belters against them.

Conboy cleaning Olson out and jumping him & getting thrown - pre season last year.

Harvey vs Plumton (probably the best fight of the season last year with both guys leaving the ice for stitches).

Sure there was another fight up in Coventry too.

Marsh vs Harvey at the BBT - insane fight with both throwing haymakers.

I, for one, am glad we're playing them, as they were the best games that I attended last year!
With you there brother, I love the pre season blaze games,and it ain't too far to travel mid week, Sawyer v Smith was another belter.

Earnie said:
Coventry are putting a good team together. I hope by the end of the week
or thereabouts I can say the same about Devils?

Thank goodness its not v Esjberg!!
I would quite like another game against them. Wouldn't be the same as last year that's for sure!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk