Pre season friendlys

Devil_Abroad

So friendlies last year were cheaper?

I think the calibre of players on view is definitely worth the same price as an EIHL or cup game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jonesy83

nicky27 said:
I agree with the prices being a tad steep. I understand that they are trying to keep the fans happy by having someone playing someone other than Coventry pre-season but I can't see many people being able to afford those prices so unfortunately I don't think they will make a profit. I will certainly be picking the odd game here because we are a family of 4 so there is no way we can afford all of the games :(
It is steep for a family of 4. I've book one of the Zagrab games so far, may do 1 other preseason game, we shall see.

But at a minimum of £44-£48 (depending on booking fee) for 2 adults and 2 kids in a bronze block is a tad much week in week out. I really wish they'd stuck with the family ticket for £40. I doubt we'll do as many games as we've done over the past 3 seasons unfortunately.

drainage

Devil_Abroad said:
So friendlies last year were cheaper?

I think the calibre of players on view is definitely worth the same price as an EIHL or cup game.

They may not have been but the point is there weren't 6 in relatively quick succession ! And they had as someone mentions a family ticket option.

The calibre of opponents isn't in question the logic that fans can and will stump up for all 6 is .....I believe a lower price would lead to more sales aand therefore more gate money

I do pretty much every away trip including Belfast and Scotland so I do happily pay a lot to support team but this is too big an ask for me right now

pjj365

It's also a bit unusual to have a boking fee per ticket not per transaction

Even Easyjet & co do not do this

For a family of 4 for all games this virtually wipes out the discount in bronze Guess Coventry may be the (minimal) cost cutting people might go for

Electro

I'm away for all the pre season games. Had l not been away l doubt l'd be bothered to watch the 4 games from the 2 teams, I'd likely just watch one game of each team.

I agree a family of four are highly unlikely to watch all 6 pre season games at those prices in any great numbers.

I'm both blessed and cursed that my family like the occasional game. Pre family wasn't an issue, but if I'm honest the cost for season tickets for us all can be spent on other luxury items we'd appreciate more. The pre season games added cost onto the rest of the season isn't of that great an interest for me.

Who knows if these will fill the IAW.

august04

6 home preseason friendly games at these prices, in a short period of time is a significant financial outlay, on top of a season ticket. I'll be picking and choosing and I'm sure I won't be alone in doing that. That's a shame given the quality of opposition. I think perhaps a lower cost weekend ticket for each of the two game series might have been a good option.

Electro

The problem though is many may view preseason games as a bit of let down and less of a draw, there is a risk that teams may not play to their full potential. In most sport's friendlies tend to play less experienced players and tend to be frankly boring.

One or two games at those prices I'm sure would sell in greater numbers, it's a punt that financially does not matter if it's not such a great game. I'm sure it won't be the case, but a few hundred people spending a few hundred quid on six games that didn't live up to the hype could be a headache.

pjj365

Todd has tweeted very valid points with one excepton

ST holders who want their gold or silver seats are not paying the same as last year pre- season but we must recognise that the quality (teams and arena) is so much better

I have not seen anything but praise for these fixtures

What I have seen is a desire to attend the games but a serious concern about affordability. This is not a complaint but a sad fact

We all know that there is a fine line between low margin and high volume against high margin and low volume. I'm just glad I'm not Todd budgeting for this in this instance

osh

I'll be going to every game except the Blaze. Apart from ticket pricing, my main concern is will we have a decent enough squad together to compete with Banska and Zagreb so early in the season.
Like every Devils fan, I hope our remaining signings will enhance last year's roster. 6 imports left to sign ( ? ) we can't possibly accept that 3 of those will be from last year's team, they have to be of a higher standard in order to ensure we are intent of winning the league at long last which surely must be our main goal.

Devil_Abroad

I think there will be 4 new faces - just a gut feeling. As for affordability for such an amazing pre-season line up - start saving now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pjj365

Devil_Abroad said:
I think there will be 4 new faces - just a gut feeling. As for affordability for such an amazing pre-season line up - start saving now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trouble is if you want to have your STseat there is no time to save and if you can't pay the full cost by 8/7 there is no discount

No argument that pre- season is value but there are many who csnnot afford it in one hit

bdevil

osh said:
I'll be going to every game except the Blaze. Apart from ticket pricing, my main concern is will we have a decent enough squad together to compete with Banska and Zagreb so early in the season.
Like every Devils fan, I hope our remaining signings will enhance last year's roster. 6 imports left to sign ( ? ) we can't possibly accept that 3 of those will be from last year's team, they have to be of a higher standard in order to ensure we are intent of winning the league at long last which surely must be our main goal.
Haddad, Hendrikx, Russell, Hotham.. I'm shocked that you think 3 or 4 of these guys returning is unacceptable

Devil_Abroad

bdevil said:
osh said:
Haddad, Hendrikx, Russell, Hotham.. I'm shocked that you think 3 or 4 of these guys returning is unacceptable
Sorry I shocked you - have you had a cup of tea?

Fan favourite Hendrikx may just not have the speed required - we all love him but

Hotham I think is staying unless he gets a big European offer - so 50/50

I think Haddad will return

Not sure about Russell - my gut feeling is that he may prefer hockey back over the pond - that's only my feeling

osh

bdevil said:
osh said:
I'm equally shocked that you are happy for all of them to return.
I base my comment on the fact that it is clear to see other teams have made significant signings that clearly add more quality to their squads. If the above 4 mentioned are to return, that leaves us with 2 new imports to sign, I think we need to strengthen by more than 2 new imports simple as that if we want to compete at the same level as other teams. We won't win the league if we bring all the above back. Sheffield won the league and look stronger again so far, we don't ( so far ! )

Wannabe2

Don't forget we already have 2 new faces from last season, so even if those guys came back, we would still see 4 new faces from last season, although I think it will be more.

bdevil

osh said:
bdevil said:
osh said:
I'm equally shocked that you are happy for all of them to return.
I base my comment on the fact that it is clear to see other teams have made significant signings that clearly add more quality to their squads. If the above 4 mentioned are to return, that leaves us with 2 new imports to sign, I think we need to strengthen by more than 2 new imports simple as that if we want to compete at the same level as other teams. We won't win the league if we bring all the above back. Sheffield won the league and look stronger again so far, we don't ( so far ! )

Lord and Todd have always been open with the fact they are not strong believers in mass changes. We have 3 new players already. 2 of which will get regular game time. If 3 or 4 of the players mentioned return that leaves space for 2 or 3 new faces. That makes 5 or 6 new players which I think is ample to turn last years team into a title winning team. Just my opinion.