POFW 22/23

E.D.S.

Sorry to use your post as a quote EDS and not picking on you but just wanted everyone's views on how much it should cost? I don't actually think £99 is bad, especially as the concessions have come back but for those of you who disagree, how much would you charge?

The point about hotels is a good one but outside the control of EIHL so maybe should be set aside when looking at actual prices of tickets.

Pleased sense has been seen and Todd is so good at the 'we've cocked up' video
It's a really good question. As always it's about value not cost (and I don't want to have the same boring debate about the 3rd/4th game as the league are a bit stuck with that). When the Devils win the playoffs, that ticket price is worth every penny. To be honest, even when we don't win it, it's still a stand out weekend and worth every penny.... it's just this initial pricing fiasco. The damage and trust was broken last year. The fans were exploited. This year, may be the prices are fair in relation to CPI but there's a bitter after taste from last year.

Even with the apology from the League, via Todd, and for context they are apologising for trying to exploit the fans - does an apology make up for that? Will it ever make up for it? The League got found out and embarrassed - it's down to the individual to determine how that sits with them but the reality is... what has the League done to make up for that? Nothing. They've just reintroduced concessions and early bird because they weren't able to get away with hiking up prices last year. If they had, those prices would still be here now.

I feel that it's the U16 & concession ticket prices that look the most expensive, for me. Even the Family passes make the tickets £84 on average. That's a lot for a U16 ticket but again.... it's all about value.

pjj365

I wouldn't say the prices are wrong but I would question the optics.

If they sellout then great, If not then it's a simple pricing error going for margin over volume. It a misjudgment companies make day after day. Unfortunately with a one off product there is no time to rescue the situation such as an after event "fire sale"

Even if it is not a sell out it may not be these prices that cause that but all the other calls on our incomes at the moment meaning there is not this much to spare

kristian

It has to be a balancing act.Only 4 teams get they so you are looking at what 8 teams fans think is a fair price for a weekend of hockey which they team is not participating in.

kingmo19.1

Hmmm, considering the cash grab last season, maybe they could have made it slightly cheaper this year - or offered a discount to the fans that actually stumped up £120 last year!

I do hope we won’t also be expected to cough up the ridiculous £5.00 ‘admin’ fee on top of the ticket price for the pleasure of actually queuing up buying a ticket in our rink !!!!! Now that would be a complete p155 take again!

Kevlar68

I don't get why people queue outside in the freezing cold, you may wait for hours and still not get the seats you want, i'd prefer to queue online and get the same outcome but sat in the warmth of my own home.
Also when i've gone online via Nottingham arena tickets after the early morning hypothermia fest has passed there were still tickets available anyway.

Kevlar68

We had an apartment from booking.com. prefer that to hotels and there are many to choose from and no more than a room but you have the addition of kitchen facilities.

drainage

Positive in the sense that it isn't the madness of last year but aren't these prices still a big step up from where they used to be - even allowing for Covid and the current economic challenges?
It’s not pretty sure my last ticket pre COVID was around £90 (maybe a little over) and that would have been 2019 , don’t think going to £99 4 years on is a big hike

fdlf666

Motorpoint Arena are advertising the tickets as follows
Early Bird Ticket Prices (includes venue facility fee) - Available from 31 October 2022:
Adult weekend pass: £104
Concession weekend pass: £84
Family weekend pass (2 Adults & 2 Concessions): £358

Standard Ticket Prices (includes venue facility fee) - Available from 1 January 2023:
Adult weekend pass: £114
Concession weekend pass:£94
Family weekend pass (2 Adults & 2 Concessions): £388

Hedd Wyn John

Early bird price is £79 which is a £15 increase in the 2019 price of £64 you quoted. By my maths that’s a 23.44% increase.
Quick check on rateinflation.com shows CPI for 2019 at 1.79%, 2020 at 0.85%, 2021 at 2.59% and 2022 current at 9.87%. As a simple total ( compounding would make the figure higher) that’s 15.1% cumulative CPI to date notwithstanding any further inflation to the actual date of POF weekend in 2023.
on that basis I’d say the prices are fair (and that’s before accounting for everything else going on at the moment).
Kettdevil1 makes a very valid point, what would you say is an appropriate increase?
I don’t like the fact that they’ve gone up as much as they have but can totally understand why. That’s the effect of inflation as much as it sucks.
For me the real profiteering at POFW is the hotel prices.
Look at the price of energy. That's gone up way more than 9%.

Notice how Ice Arena Wales only has one ice pad operating. That's gotta be lo ked to the high energy costs.

Businesses are not shielded by the price cap, the news is full of stories about businesses energy bills going up by a factor or 4 or 5.

The cost to keep an ice pad going and the electricity to power an arena will have shot up massively.

revilo

Over on Twitter, Devils are asking for views about whether they should sell the tickets via the rink (with the extra £5 admin fee) or of fans would prefer to buy them from Nottingham. Chance to make your views known (if you are on Twitter that is!)

Earnie

Buying tickets on line from Nottingham or queuing at the IAW?
It is a case of the lesser of two evils. I would probably opt for IAW.
The best is telephone to Nottingham as long as you can get someone to answer the phone!

BostonBart22

Look at the price of energy. That's gone up way more than 9%.

Notice how Ice Arena Wales only has one ice pad operating. That's gotta be lo ked to the high energy costs.

Businesses are not shielded by the price cap, the news is full of stories about businesses energy bills going up by a factor or 4 or 5.

The cost to keep an ice pad going and the electricity to power an arena will have shot up massively.
not sure if true, our other ice is still running as its linked to the main one..its just covered over.