Please stop the BUZZING on the PA system

Thread starter #1
DJ getting better, but oh that buzzing that emits from the PA system just gave me a headache!

It was like torture, so please please please sort this out before it puts people off from retuning

:x

Diafol

Agree with this, is it an electrical issue or just the PA settings which need to be altered I wonder ?
Maybe the mike just needs turning off between announcements :lol:

Earnie

I spoke to Mumbles after the game and mentioned the buzzing to him. He said they had brought in a technical guy but at this point have failed to sort it. On going.

Thread starter #9
It's a fact that sub consciously people will move away or reject situations with irritating noises or flashing lights!
That buzzing will turn away fans old and new if something isn't done about it

I'm sure Mr Regan and Mr Pope don't want me ranting on and on and on this Sunday and even worse fans walking out :x

Budgie said:
It's a fact that sub consciously people will move away or reject situations with irritating noises or flashing lights!
That buzzing will turn away fans old and new if something isn't done about it

I'm sure Mr Regan and Mr Pope don't want me ranting on and on and on this Sunday and even worse fans walking out :x
really fans walking out because of a buzzing noise? bit extreme if you ask me. not much of a fan if that cqn make you leave a game.

Spoke with Hubbs about this issue as I'm in the same boat with finding the "hum" very annoying, he seems to think it is an easy fix. Maybe the new guys should speak with the previous guys (Sully & Hubbs) about some "do's and don'ts" with the sound system down the rink. These guys did have the sound mastered down there afterall.

Paul Sullivan

James said:
They have however had a look at it during the week.
Merely pointing out that nobody 'fixed' it today, as was claimed.

No idea how successful looking at it has been, but working with it has so far been unproductive.

Paul Sullivan

Interesting.

I made a post, then edited it and left only a *deleted* comment on it.

Now it has disappeared.

Maybe somebody 'looked at it' and decided it was fixed?

Paul Sullivan

Fubar said:
can someone please clarify the difference between a buzz and a hum.
Easy.

A buzz is a positive noise being made around an entity that ensures interest is piqued and sales are flooding in.

Hum is the noise made by the disciplinary committee when asked why the folk running our goalie have not been punished.