Playoffs in Motorpoint Arena this season.

Thread starter #1
The Playoffs will be played at the Motorpoint Arena this season.

Not Sheffield though, but the Motorpoint Arena Nottingham as it will be called from January.

Is there a particular hotel that the red army try and get into each year? Just starting to weigh up all the options for going up in April.

drainage

Devlass said:
Is there a particular hotel that the red army try and get into each year? Just starting to weigh up all the options for going up in April.
Normally Jurys but rooms book up pretty much at the previous years play offs (and Clan fans use it a lot to) so prices are likely to be high.

Just looked at its around £300 for room for 3 nights 2 adults

The bus leaves Morrisons at the Bay at 1:00 Saturday for Nottingham. Travel is just £21, if you need to experience it....no time like the present! And a top of the table clash as well of course!

Hi All. Jury's Inn is quite isolated and close to the local incinerator & pricey for what it is. Only bar nearby is Hooters (enough for some I know :lol: ). You're much better off heading into the city where there are currently some bargains to be had. Park Plaza is £235 for 3 nights, 'budget' Brittania £187 & The Hilton £207. All are close to bars restaurants and Wetherspoons for cheap breakfasts etc.' The Hilton would be my choice at that price & it's closest to the NIC. If you are running a £300 budget why not have a whole apt'? NG1 City Living at £301 (link if allowed mod?; http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/ng1-cit ... en-gb.html ) or Cranbrook House at £264. NG1 is furthest out but still only a 15min stroll to NIC and close to amenities, or you can catch the tram to the Lace Market from here if you prefer. Cranbrook House is a stones throw from NIC and on the edge of the popular Hockley area with nice bars and restaurants. Sites are saying rooms going fast but I suppose they would eh? Wouldn't leave it long though. Anything else you want to know shout up...(this bit was meant to go elsewhere but 2 birds & 1 stone etc)..... BTW speedy recovery to Tyson. Regarding boos and beer throwers this is not on and new to me in 3 yrs watching NP. Please bear in mind though we have many 'fans' (cough) who only turn up for big games as a prelude to a night in town & many travel in from other nearby cities. You can spot them a mile off, dressed to party no colours and no real interest in hockey & don't wait for a break in play to go to the bar, just an off cuff event for them really. Money in the clubs coffers but I'd sooner they not bother as they're boozed up before the end of the game. Can't shift all the blame that way though & any 'shirted' fans should be feeling humble now. From where I sat in 14 the fight was cheered but jeers turned to claps once the penny dropped that he was hurt. Those still booing were 'glared' at until they stopped. Hope both fans and players can draw a line now though as a continuing grudge could be a distraction for both clubs, leaving the door open for others to pinch the title which for my money is either Cardiff or Nott'm bound! Last thing, Merry Christmas to all & good luck for the rest of the season.

Devil_Abroad

I used the tram for the game just gone and recommend it! So no more parking woes for us as we'll be either finding a cheap hotel further out on the tram route or maybe a country hotel and use park and ride [emoji3]

Definitely wasn't all the fans cheering and no doubt we'd have a few doing just that too. No beer spilt over us but I did notice quite a few in block 2 dressed for clubbing so can fully see your point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk