Playoffs 3rd v 4th game

Thread starter #1
With the disappointment this year of the 3rd & 4th place game, what would everyone's thoughts be on having a skills competition with the two teams instead? Just looking back at some old NHL all star games and the crowds seem really into the skill events.

Sliput

My own opinion is that the two losing teams on Saturday should not have to do anything at all on the Sunday. As one of the Devils players said after criticism from fans last season...'Once you have given everything you have and had your heart broken'...why should they then have to get kitted up and take part in meaningless stuff ?

They should have a game involving youngsters whether it be England v Scotland etc...., they are meant to be future EIHL/EPL players. Let them enjoy playing in Nottingham .

Just my opinion of course :D

dave

James said:
I still reckon it would be put to good use for a game akin to the uk forum all stars.
A good pro-am charity game would be awesome and could be done with the use of HP4K guys etc... We almost had something in place for just after the season but there was not enough time. With a year to plan it could be done.

I love the idea of a junior allstars match or prospects game or similar. Conference v conference or England vs rest. Showcase for under 21 Brits in front of the leagues fans and big wigs. Plus they'd be keen to put on a show so they'd have something to play for (albeit a personal goal). Fans could even vote their prospects in, get involved.

KaneDevils

Lets revamp and add a slight twist to a firm family favourite!

'Chuck-a-puck - at Dave Simms' (helmet provided)

Entertaining and a huge crowd guaranteed :)

Have a Goon Fest!!!!

All willing fighters from all teams with the exception of the 2 finalists take to the ice and brawl...

Last man standing takes the crown.. :lol:

Seriously though, something needs to be done and also the whole weekend needs a bit more to it...

Jones72

KaneDevils said:
Lets revamp and add a slight twist to a firm family favourite!

'Chuck-a-puck - at Dave Simms' (helmet provided)

Entertaining and a huge crowd guaranteed :)
That's a lot of helmets to give out, and in all honesty the risk of injury due to bounceback is tiny so I don't think it's necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Temme

i'd like to see something of a skills contest, similar to the NHL setup, (obviously players involved in the final can opt in/out of such a tournament.)
Hardest shot, fastest skater, most accurate, shootout comp, skills comp, etc.

Or a showcase game involving the EPIHL/NIHL/EIHL teams would be great too.

I'm not a big lover of the youth games, however i'm certainly not a fan of the 3rd/4th place match.