Playoff Weekend

Weird - now your saying that draig-goch, I'm starting to think I seen something like that as well? Maybe that was before Dundee joined / Hull re-entered and now they are just going for the usual 1 v 8 format. It must be that given it's only one weekend to decide who gets to the semi-finals in Nottingham

James

Administrator
Teams in the bottom 3 have been releasing press talking of their fight for the 8th playoff place so I wouldn't think it would change.

Chris

Administrator
I'm sure I read somewhere that the top 6 would go through and that there would be five games - 3 home-2 away for the top three teams and 2 home-3 away for the next three. Then the top 4 would go through. Could have dreampt it, it has been know. :?
I think that was announced at the very start of the season, possibly in the off season before the Hull issue and maybe even before Dundee joined.

Something similar certainly was planned, but the plans were thrown into chaos by Hull, so it reverted back to the previous playoff style and it wasn't changed when the Blaze ownership bought the Stingrays.

Chris.

Finny

As Chris said, that was the plan when there was only going to be 9 teams as they felt it would be daft everyone bar one team qualifying for the playoffs. After Dundee applied and were accepted, they opted to return to the previous format of the top 8 qualifying and a home and away quarter-final.
Shame, as I was looking forward to the new format.