Playoff Weekend

Thread starter #1
Hi, sorry if this is a stupid question !!

I'm new to hockey this season and am completley hooked already!! Just wondering if someone could post some info about the playoffs? things I am wondering is what venue is it held at or does it depend whos in the final? how far in advance do you suggest booking tickets? is it a whole weekend? are there hotels close if its set in a specific venue?

Sorry!!

Thanks for any help

Sam X

Sam,
The past few years its been held in Nottingham's National Ice Centre, its a whole weekend (a mad one!) 2 games on the Saturday and an International U20's (i think) and the final on the Sunday
With regards to tickets, they are due to be released around any time now, in 2006 i booked them about 2 days from the Saturday, didn't get awesome seats, but got there none the less. If you want the good seats and to sit with your fans, then its best getting them as soon as they are put up or sale.
There are a few hotels close by such as the Ibis and the IceHouse, but these again are subject to availability (i booked mine the day after the playoffs 2010!)

samcalo85 said:
Hi, sorry if this is a stupid question !!
I'm new to hockey this season and am completley hooked already!! Just wondering if someone could post some info about the playoffs? things I am wondering is what venue is it held at or does it depend whos in the final? how far in advance do you suggest booking tickets? is it a whole weekend? are there hotels close if its set in a specific venue?

Sorry!!

Thanks for any help

Sam X

The last 2 years I've waited to see if we've got to the play-off weekend before booking (therefore only booking 5 days before) and it's been fine. Loads of hotels and shouldn't have too much problem getting one within a mile of the arena. Parking is a bit of a nightmare though - don't think any of the hotels have their own car parks so it's like £10+ per day if your taking the car.

I think if you book early with the club you do get a small discount though.

Thread starter #4
Thank you so much!! One last thing how will i know what block all the devils fans are sitting, just so we can all celebrate together when we win :lol: :) :)

we booked our tickets through the supporters club and were in the Devils block, Had a great time, not sure if the supporters club still exist, I hope they do as they were a great help!

Our Hotel was the other side of the city centre which meant that we had the pleasure of walking through the heart of Nottingham, which I must say was FAB, loads of bars and places to eat, and bumping into all the hockey fans was a shear delight!

kettdevil1

samcalo85 said:
Thank you so much!! One last thing how will i know what block all the devils fans are sitting, just so we can all celebrate together when we win :lol: :) :)
The allocation of blocks will be announced at the same time as when the tickets are released (as has been mentioned it should be any day soon) Normally we get around 2 blocks (depending on the size) and last year we were behind the goal which probably means we should get something closer to centre ice this year - touch wood!

As has been mentioned it is a great weekend, the hockey is only a small part of the whole party atmosphere. :D

Sheincar

Budgie said:
we booked our tickets through the supporters club and were in the Devils block, Had a great time, not sure if the supporters club still exist, I hope they do as they were a great help!

Our Hotel was the other side of the city centre which meant that we had the pleasure of walking through the heart of Nottingham, which I must say was FAB, loads of bars and places to eat, and bumping into all the hockey fans was a shear delight!
CDSL hat ON - the last we were aware the club agreed for Mags to deal with the playoff tickets as before. There is a discount buying through the club prior to the deadline & Mags tries to ensure people get the best deal.

CDSL hat OFF - I wonder if the club will organise travel to the playoffs as the Sheffield trip looks like it's going to be a success.

Gaz G

The whole playoff experience is absolutly brilliant mate. I love it, the whole weekend with fellow hockey fans, far too much to eat and drink 3 games of superb hockey and a brilliant alround atmosphere.

Never want to come home though as it means no more hockey for ages.

I was wondering about play off travel as well. Thing is - when do they go up / back - some people go Fri - Mon, Sat-Mon, Fri-Sun? I'd be up for it if they were going for the shortest (and therefore cheapest option) of getting there in time for the first game on the Saturday and leaving after the final on the Sunday.

We drove up last year it's about 173 miles (3 1/2hrs) it was nice easy jouney and the hotel got us a half price deal on the carpark.

hoping to go up the Friday night as we have to be back for work Monday

Taken off Elite League site

"The eighth play-off finals weekend will take place on Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd April 2011 at the National Ice Centre (NIC) in Nottingham.

Tickets go on sale via the 10 Elite League clubs (please find details on respective club websites and in the media) on Wednesday 19th January until Monday 28th February. All remaining tickets will then go on sale via the NIC box office on Friday 11th March.

Elite League chairman, Eamon Convery, said: “This is always a fantastic weekend of ice hockey, the culmination of a terrific season.

“In Nottingham’s National Ice Centre we have one of the best facilities in Europe, and the arena and the city always welcomes the event year after year.

“Play-off finals weekend is always a terrific sight to behold and this season there’ll be supporters from 10 different clubs packed into the NIC, I can’t wait.”

On the Saturday, the first semi-final will take place at 1pm, with the second semi-final at 5pm (doors open 11am).

Meanwhile on the Sunday, the annual junior international starts at 11am, with the play-off final having a 3pm face-off (doors open 10am).

Please find below the pricing structure for this year’s event…

Discounted (sold via the clubs) from 19th January to 28th February
Saturday - Adult £36, Concession/Student £30
Sunday - Adult £40, Concession/Student £32
Weekend - Adult £72, Concession/Student £50 and family £195 (consisting of two adults and two concessions)

From the NIC from 11th March onwards
Saturday - Adult £45, Concessions/Students £35
Sunday - Adult £50, Concessions/Students £40
Weekend - Adult £80, Concessions/Students £55, and family £215 (being 2 adults and 2 concessions) "

I say it every year but I still find it odd that they can charge £18 a game... or £24 if you don't count the junior international for play-off weekend when it's only £15 during the season. Yes, it's "the finals" but I don't seem to remember Panthers or Devils increasing the prices for the Challenge Cup Final games.

I say this... but I'll still pay it!!! Suppose if they can get away with it, they will.

I take it the quarter finals must still be 2 legs between 1st vs 8th, 2nd vs 7th etc seeing as there's only one weekend in between the end of season and play-off weekend? Did Elite League confirm this or was it just assumed it'll be the same again?

ledgend777 said:
I say it every year but I still find it odd that they can charge £18 a game... or £24 if you don't count the junior international for play-off weekend when it's only £15 during the season. Yes, it's "the finals" but I don't seem to remember Panthers or Devils increasing the prices for the Challenge Cup Final games.

I say this... but I'll still pay it!!! Suppose if they can get away with it, they will.

I take it the quarter finals must still be 2 legs between 1st vs 8th, 2nd vs 7th etc seeing as there's only one weekend in between the end of season and play-off weekend? Did Elite League confirm this or was it just assumed it'll be the same again?
It does kinda suck, but we'll moan a little and end up paying it anyway :) ... the only way for it to go down would be a few thousand empty seats but I can't see that happening. :cool:

Think the league did say that they'd be sticking with the top 8 1/4 finals.

ledgend777 said:
I'm sure I read somewhere that the top 6 would go through and that there would be five games - 3 home-2 away for the top three teams and 2 home-3 away for the next three. Then the top 4 would go through. Could have dreampt it, it has been know. :?