Playoff Semi's

Thread starter #1
Assuming we beat Stingrays and IF blaze were to beat Giants, who would we play. I assume Steelers would play the lowest ranking side left ie Blaze and we would play the Panthers. Any thoughts!!

A

Anonymous

we will play the winners of the Blaze Vs giants tie IF we finish off Hull tomorrow night.

kettdevil1

Although it would have been fun to play the Blaze I do feel as though justice has been done - the top 4 teams have made it to the last 4 - all feels right in the world!

E.D.S.

It's the toughest route we could have asked for to get the cup but it's do-able! I'd love us to do the Steelers in the final (although there's a part of me that can't see us getting past the Giants on that big ice pad). I'd like to think we could pay the Giants back for last year!!"
Win or lose, We're on the booze! Nottingham here we come!

DC just needs to play mike Phillips try for his team talk.lol
looking forward to a great weekend of hockey

Good luck and may the best team win :cool:

Gazza272

E.D.S. said:
It's the toughest route we could have asked for to get the cup but it's do-able! I'd love us to do the Steelers in the final (although there's a part of me that can't see us getting past the Giants on that big ice pad). I'd like to think we could pay the Giants back for last year!!"
Win or lose, We're on the booze! Nottingham here we come!

If you want to win any trophy you have to be the best.

We have beaten all 3 teams at the playoff weekend (and them us) so Belief in our ability should not be an issue.

It's a win win I guess.....

Win and we're through to the final

Lose and fingers crossed Michel gets some redemption on Welch in the final minute with nothing to lose :D

Soundwave1 said:

Lose and fingers crossed Michel gets some redemption on Welch in the final minute with nothing to lose :D
What redemption, for mugging someone :roll:

No we got our redemption when they lost the cup :lol:

As for mugging - please if it wasnt for the fact it was a cup game I doubt anything would have happened, anyway thats all water under the bridge now this is a new cup game

Koop11

I’d have preferred to have played Coventry because of the two teams I think Belfast are better on their day but more importantly I’d love to think we could have won the playoffs with possible victories over our two biggest rivals in Coventry and Sheffield.

Belfast will be tough, as is any semi final at playoff weekend. They were hot favourites for the league title at the start of the season but injuries cost them that chance. They narrowly lost out in the CC final and will now want the playoff badly.

However, we’re the team on an 11 game run. We have beaten Belfast plenty of times this season and we are hungry for silverware after losing the league on a technicality. We owe Belfast for last year’s final and of the 4 teams in playoff finals, I bet Cardiff is the one the other 3 would have wished to avoid.

Belfast it is then. Bring em on.

8 Elite League Playoff Final weekends, 8 times qualified. Awesome!

ASHIPP

Soundwave1 said:

Especially if it's Dan Welch in the sin bin, Devils on the pp....and Tylor smashing in the game winning goal. ;) :cool: :?

Koop11 said:
However, we’re the team on an 11 game run. We have beaten Belfast plenty of times this season and we are hungry for silverware after losing the league on a technicality. We owe Belfast for last year’s final and of the 4 teams in playoff finals, I bet Cardiff is the one the other 3 would have wished to avoid.
Totally agree, as a fan or player i'd be more worried about playing against the Devils than any other team. The guys are on a good run at the moment and we should have every confidence in them, i think we deserve some silverware after the thrilling hockey we have seen and i'm positive our name is on that playoff trophy!

Is that 4 play off games in a row now that Belfast haven't won in regualtion or overtime but have won the ties when it's got to penalties!? Didn't Nottingham do something similiar a few years ago when they won the playoffs on penalites in each round.

Why don't we do the extra overtime thing like in NHL playoffs? Is it a European thing to always decide it on penalites... or just an Elite League thing? I think just going with more overtimes is much fairer... and we get more hockey for our money :D

Rempel16

The top 4 teams in the league, going at it over the final weekend. Does it get better than that?

I'm really looking forward to the Steelers v Panthers game to kick it off. I just hope that Simon's boys (himself included) man up and don't pretend there are snipers around the NIC.

Devils v Giants will be a close one, both teams will desperately want that final trophy. This should make the game pretty intense. Add in the 'Dan Welch' effect and there could be a fair bit of needle about this one.

Potential for both games to deliver 'classics' in terms of semi-finals.

drainage

Rempel16 said:
The top 4 teams in the league, going at it over the final weekend. Does it get better than that?

I'm really looking forward to the Steelers v Panthers game to kick it off. I just hope that Simon's boys (himself included) man up and don't pretend there are snipers around the NIC.

Devils v Giants will be a close one, both teams will desperately want that final trophy. This should make the game pretty intense. Add in the 'Dan Welch' effect and there could be a fair bit of needle about this one.

Potential for both games to deliver 'classics' in terms of semi-finals.
Snipers ha ha - no truth in the rumour they are currently training with Tom Daley on the 10m board then :lol: :lol:

Surely this is our year/time/just rewards etc etc

8 years 8 times qualified - this season being so close to the league title , setting so many firsts , having so many exceptional players - if there us a God its our time please pretty please :p :p

If this was a Disney film we'd be winners come 3rd April!!