Playoff Semis Spectacular x2 - 02/04 - 1:00pm - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

In a change from the previous two seasons, we shall be covering both games this Saturday, there have been numerous requests from both fans not in this country and relatives of the players! However, I don't know how great the coverage will be for the 1st game, not knowing how the teams involved usually play, it may not be as fantastic as our normal coverage :)

Still, with that in mind...

We shall be running Match Night Live! for both semi finals this weekend from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ will be hosting both games and as always he can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com

I'd usually fill this bit with some gumpf about who's our injured or recently returned for us and the team we're playing against, however with 4 teams inthe mix that seems a bit pointless. Despite that, I think all 4 teams are almost at full strength, if not already there.

No idea about the head to head record between the Steelers and Panthers, I think the Steelers have won the majority though? Our head to head with the Giants stands at 4 wins for the Devils to the Giants 3, one of the games was doubled up so that explains the unequal number...

The most recent result between the two teams saw the Devils win at home 2-1 in the final CC game for us...

Never sure what to expect from playoff games, have seen some brilliant encounters and some absolute nonsense over the years, but hopefully our game will go our way and see us get some revenge for last years result :)

Chris.

Ger-Devils said:
I will be doing our game updates but not sure on the Panthers game.

Maybe best to ask Big Dave and Jono(or is he running TCW?)
I will be doing TCW for all three games. Will post links tomorrow

TCW Live will be providing live text commentary from both semi finals and the final at this weekends play-offs.
Join Jono & Iain for live coverage as follows:

2nd April Steelers v Panthers 12.45pm
2nd April Devils v Giants 4.45pm

3rd April EIHL Play-Off final 3.45pm

Links to all the commentary can be found below.

TCW Live at the Play-Off weekend

May we say a huge thank you to everyone who has tuned in for coverage this season, it is very much appreciated.

Predictions for Nottingham v Sheffield?

I get the feeling the Panthers will edge it. I think they've been stronger overall this season plus they have the home ice advantage.

Panthers v Giants/Devils tomorrow I think.

Be ready guys! You know their D are going to start jumping in to make a play. Watch for the opportunity and grab it for a chance on goal.

Excellent game by the devils by the sounds of things, that trophy is ours :D even #sexyneilsonhockey cant stop us! :twisted:.
On another note, how terrible is simmsy's "commentary", would be nice to hear some actual comments on the game and not his thoughts on the league, players etc. even if he does finally have nice things to say about the devils.