Playffs - who plays who?

Thread starter #1
Can I just clarify something? In the playoff quarter finals, the following teams (by their position in the league) play each other over two legs:

1st v 8th
2nd v 7th
3rd v 6th
4th v 5th

In the semi finals match:

overall winner of 1st v 8th plays overall winner of 4th v 5th
overall winner of 2nd v 7th plays overall winner of 3rd v 6th

Obviously then the winner from each semi final match plays each other for the Playoffs title.

The Quarter final's you put is definitely correct - pretty sure the semi's is as well... so assuming Steelers and Devils both win tonight and we finish 2nd, we'll have Hull in the Quarter's and then if we beat them, the winners of Nottingham v Braehead in semi's which will be possibly the trickiest game of all!

Earnie

So - if nothing dramatic happens tonight(Sun 20th) and the first round playoff games go according to expectations , I expect that Cardiff will meet Belfast in the semifinals at Nottingham!!

Earnie said:
So - if nothing dramatic happens tonight(Sun 20th) and the first round playoff games go according to expectations , I expect that Cardiff will meet Belfast in the semifinals at Nottingham!!
Opps - yes, that would be correct - not what I put :?

Would be Belfast or Coventry. Never know - maybe Cov will cause an upset and then we can thrash them in the semi's again ;)