Player heights - accurate or not?

Hedd Wyn John

Thread starter #1
Hi all, since there’s been a number of new signings & departures since last season I thought I’d browse through the player list on the cardiffdevils.com to familiarise myself more with the team. Anyway the website lists player stats including player height.
One thing I noticed was the height stats seemed a bit off:

Craig Moore is listed as 6’0”, Sean Bentivoglio 5’10”, Joey Martin 5’10”

The reason why I say these figures are off is that I am 5’10”. Ive stood next Craig Moore in the bar and he’s about my height, Bentivoglio & Martin seem shorter still. Faryna is listed as 6’0” and he’s noticeably taller than me so that’s a credible stat.

Are the height stats measured in skates by any chance?

osh

Don’t worry, Parisi is actually 7’ 8” so it will equal out in the averages, that’s why his Austin A35 - reg number PAR 151 - provides him with so much leg room.

Hi all, since there’s been a number of new signings & departures since last season I thought I’d browse through the player list on the cardiffdevils.com to familiarise myself more with the team. Anyway the website lists player stats including player height.
One thing I noticed was the height stats seemed a bit off:

Craig Moore is listed as 6’0”, Sean Bentivoglio 5’10”, Joey Martin 5’10”

The reason why I say these figures are off is that I am 5’10”. Ive stood next Craig Moore in the bar and he’s about my height, Bentivoglio & Martin seem shorter still. Faryna is listed as 6’0” and he’s noticeably taller than me so that’s a credible stat.

Are the height stats measured in skates by any chance?
I often wonder about the height thing myself, sometimes it seems like there's an anomaly there with some players height stats, judging this purely on comparing their height to mine like your self, should be measured in bare feet I believe.