Play off tickets

pjj365

The issues I’ve read are of the lack of knowing what if any charge, why it wasn’t stated before people queued. If it’s not an issue, why not state the charge clearly at the time of price release, that’s what I’ve been hearing.
The Motorpoint price the ticket to include the fee, then there’s a small separate fee of £1.20 for admin, postage or collection.
The implication of your statement is that there was a purpose behind not announcing beforehand. If that is what you mean it is a reprehensible slur on the organisation

Have you never heard of the cock up theory - which Todd has admitted to as he always does when things go wrong. It is not sycophantic to praise this. It is recognition that many in business will pass the buck or simply ignore issues

Any manager/CEO who faces up like Todd does deserves respect - however much you may critisise the original cock up

drainage

Have not seen many, if any, complaints about the fee - only about not being advised beforehand
Would knowing beforehand stopped people queuing and buying ? Yes maybe it should have been mentioned but for me it was charged last year expected it this year ......the staff need paying after all ......for me the bigger issue is the cost of tickets that include a pointless 3 v 4 game , would happily pay £5 to reduce the weekend cost to remove a ridiculous game

pjj365

Would knowing beforehand stopped people queuing and buying ? Yes maybe it should have been mentioned but for me it was charged last year expected it this year ......the staff need paying after all ......for me the bigger issue is the cost of tickets that include a pointless 3 v 4 game , would happily pay £5 to reduce the weekend cost to remove a ridiculous game
Would it have stopped people - maybe 1 or 2 but essentially - no
I have seen no issue with the cost or the purpose
Yes it was charged last year so I was pleasantly surprised to "see" it was not being charged this year
So in the end not surprised to find it being charged this year

As to removing the 3 v 4 - oh yes! I'm not sure it would reduce the overall cost given the arena is booked out for the weekend. So remove the game and give us something else for our money although what I'm really not sure what might be viable. So many ideas on THF over the years

drainage

Yes it was charged last year so I was pleasantly surprised to "see" it was not being charged this year

As to removing the 3 v 4 - oh yes! I'm not sure it would reduce the overall cost given the arena is booked out for the weekend. So remove the game and give us something else for our money although what I'm really not sure what might be viable. So many ideas on THF over the years
agree removing it wouldn’t make difference to cost unless we went to a one day event eg both semis and final on Sat or Sun but also you can’t continue to charge over £90 for 4 games when most people see 3 !
I had a different view which was they charged it last year expected it this year despite the lack of reference to it ......I agree could have been mentioned but also think we need to acknowledge it needed people to be paid to resource it , I never worked for free nor should the rink staff

Mazzoak

The implication of your statement is that there was a purpose behind not announcing beforehand. If that is what you mean it is a reprehensible slur on the organisation

Have you never heard of the cock up theory - which Todd has admitted to as he always does when things go wrong. It is not sycophantic to praise this. It is recognition that many in business will pass the buck or simply ignore issues

Any manager/CEO who faces up like Todd does deserves respect - however much you may critisise the original cock up
I clearly stated it’s what I’ve read and heard, it’s not my opinion, it’s not a statement and it’s what drove Kelman into commenting on in his statement. It may well be a cock up, let’s face it, they’ve had a few over the years.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #26
The issues I’ve read are of the lack of knowing what if any charge, why it wasn’t stated before people queued. If it’s not an issue, why not state the charge clearly at the time of price release, that’s what I’ve been hearing.
The Motorpoint price the ticket to include the fee, then there’s a small separate fee of £1.20 for admin, postage or collection.
Nearly everything you write is what you have been hearing, did you pay this charge by any chance.

E.D.S.

Agree but again Credit to Todd, he’s spoken at length about the 3rd and 4th playoff game. Even he thinks it’s pointless but he and the league are trying to offer something to increase the value/worth/showpiece of the weekend. The youth games were good but that was costly to put on with hotels etc so it’s always a tricky one. I personally don’t go to the 3rd place game but if it was removed it wouldn’t change the ticket value, as you say. I’d really like them to remove the game and play the final earlier. Nothing worse than having to kill 4-5 hours when you’ve been kicked out of your hotel. I think that’s worth considering. Plus it makes for a long journey/late night on the Sunday.
regardless... I still wouldn’t miss this weekend for anything. It’s superb fun.