Play Off seeding

Have Hope#35 said:
Hotdog said:
robert.newbolt.3 said:
devils1990 said:
does that mean then that if we finish second but get demoted to third because the other conference didn't generate the league winner that we also lose the European place too as we will be deemed to have finished 3rd?
Yes

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
No! The post above regarding seeding for some reason does not include this middle paragraph:

"In the event of the league title winner not winning their Conference, the order will be as follows.

The number-one seed will still be the Elite League winners with the two Conference winners taking seeds two and three (higher rank determined by their league position).

Seeds four to eight will then be determined by the Elite League table."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That bit is in there... It's even in bold ;)
I did say middle paragraph, I meant out of the 3 paragraphs I quoted ;)

So we get at least second seeding after winning the conference if fife win theirs as there is no way theyll catch us. Of course first would be nicer. ...

BostonBart22

cofio said:
So we get at least second seeding after winning the conference if fife win theirs as there is no way theyll catch us. Of course first would be nicer. ...
I think we will be seeded 3rd after winning conference, few other fans think the same, but first is still up for grabs..

Kal

My understanding is that the 2nd seed is the winner of the conference that didn't produce the league winner. That's Fife meaning if we finished 2nd we'd be seeded 3rd.

Legin

Kal said:
My understanding is that the 2nd seed is the winner of the conference that didn't produce the league winner. That's Fife meaning if we finished 2nd we'd be seeded 3rd.
No, because we will be higher in league than Fife we would be 2nd seed, but I'm still hoping for 1st seed.

davew

From the EIHL website

Playoffs
The season ends with the playoffs. The top eight seeds progress to the two-legged quarter-finals (home and away).

The Elite League champions will be seeded number one for the playoffs, while the second seed will be the winner of the Conference that does not produce the league winner.

The remaining six playoff spots will be taken in order from the final Elite League table.

In the event of the league title winner not winning their Conference, the order will be as follows.

The number-one seed will still be the Elite League winners with the two Conference winners taking seeds two and three (higher rank determined by their league position).

Seeds four to eight will then be determined by the Elite League table.

Quarter-finals will follow the usual match-ups over two legs with seed one facing eight, two against seven, three versus six and four playing five.

Overtime and penalties will be used after the second leg if needed.

Playoff finals weekend takes place at Nottingham’s National Ice Centre, usually in the first weekend of April, with the semi-finals taking place on the Saturday and the third v fourth-placed match and Grand Final on the Sunday.

Seedings for the semi-final and final will be determined by the original quarter-final ranking, so the highest-placed team left in the playoffs will be ranked as the highest seed.

The highest seed will play the lowest seed in the first semi-final, with the remaining seeds playing in the second semi-final.

The two losing semi-finalists will meet in the third v fourth-placed match, while the winners will go head to head in the Elite League playoff final.

We would therefore be 3rd seeds if the table remained the same playing Nottingham in the 1/4rs! I think ;:| ;:|

Gough60

IF (and that's a big if ) we don't win the league we will clearly finish above whoever wins the
Other conference so will get seeded second.

pjj365

Ffil06 said:
IF (and that's a big if ) we don't win the league we will clearly finish above whoever wins the
Other conference so will get seeded second.
Not as I read it. On today's standings

Steelers win leauge - seed 1
Flyers win their conference - seed 2
Devils - seed 3

I think that is right

Folks, if Devils don't win the league they will be second seeds, it's clearly stated above that if league winner doesn't win their conference, 2&3 seed goes to the conference winners in order of league position

Gough60

In the event of the league title winner not winning their Conference, the order will be as follows.

As it says (if we don't win league), seed 2 will be the conference winner who finishes highest in the table over the other conference winner. :DWD

pjj365

Ffil06 said:

As it says (if we don't win league), seed 2 will be the conference winner who finishes highest in the table over the other conference winner. :DWD

But 2nd seed will be from the conference that did not produce leauge winner - or did I read it wrong - perfectly possible

Kal

it's not very well worded but after reading it several times it kind of makes the assumption the league winner will also win the conference and reads like that except for the bit quoted above.