Play Off quarter final

Seeing as the teams finishing in top 4 supposedly get a choice whether to play home or away first, you'd think they'd have said by now so that tickets can be purchased on Saturday? I'm sure they've done this in past years and if the opponent wasn't known then they just put play-off quarter final on the ticket.

Saying this, Braehead aranged their quarter final for the Friday night (despite not finishing top 4) and without knowing who their opponents would be at the time.

ASHIPP

Visited BBT box office at 3pm yesterday (Wed) - STILL no information about the date of the playoff home game, or when the tickets would be available. :? Was told to 'keep phoning in'. :?

Finny

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't make a decision until after the weekend.

If we win the league we play Dundee. In which case there would be a case to play the home leg first and make Dundee travel twice.

If we finish second or third we would play Hull or Coventry - in which case the travelling isn't as much of an issue and it might be worth playing the home leg second.

DevilDom

Finny said:

If we win the league we play Dundee. In which case there would be a case to play the home leg first and make Dundee travel twice.

If we finish second or third we would play Hull or Coventry - in which case the travelling isn't as much of an issue and it might be worth playing the home leg second.
This would seem the sensible option.

In previous years we may have known who we were playing a lot earlier to allow these decisions to be made, however i'd rather be in with a chance of finishing top and have to wait until after the final game!

wildthing74

DevilDom said:
Finny said:

This would seem the sensible option.

In previous years we may have known who we were playing a lot earlier to allow these decisions to be made, however i'd rather be in with a chance of finishing top and have to wait until after the final game!
If we did win the league and had to play Dundee even though we travel twice I would hope we played the Sunday at home as its the only real chance we would have to celebrate the title.Last game and everybody would be ther and hopefully celebrate getting to the playoffs too.Can't see how a spectacle could be made if we played home Saturday and still had to think about a long trip next day.

DevilDom

wildthing74 said:
If we did win the league and had to play Dundee even though we travel twice I would hope we played the Sunday at home as its the only real chance we would have to celebrate the title.Last game and everybody would be ther and hopefully celebrate getting to the playoffs too.Can't see how a spectacle could be made if we played home Saturday and still had to think about a long trip next day.
I hear what you are saying. I'd definitely prefer the 2nd leg at our place, however given that we have lost twice up in Dundee (once heavily) already G may think it would be taking a bit of risk to have 2 long trips before the 2nd leg if we took that at home. All ifs and buts anyway at the moment - Lets concentrate on Saturday and finishing as high as we can. We can win the playoffs after we have won the league! :lol:

wildthing74

I'd rather take the risk personally.For me if it meant celebrating a league win in style but not making Nottingham I'd be more than happy with that.Agree that its not even close to be our titl yet but we would not get to celebrate it properly if we had the home game 1st.I guess its up to PR to do what should have been done on previous trips up there and get the best way to fly.Surely if we are serious about the playoffs too then it would be in the best interests of the players to make any travel for a 2 leg tie as comfortable as possible.

ChristianDevil said:
According to the Elite league website, we are at home on Sunday 27th. Whether that will change or not is anyone's guess.
Don't think it's correct somehow as they have at Cardiff / Cov / Hull / Dundee all away on the 27th - we're definitely playing one of them so we can't all be home. Sorry for dodgy format below - copied off elite site...

Tue, Mar 22/11 7:30 pm GMT at Sheffield 7:30 pm GMT

Fri, Mar 25/11 7:30 pm GMT Nottingham at Braehead 7:30 pm GMT

Sat, Mar 26/11 7:00 pm GMT at Belfast 7:00 pm GMT

Sat, Mar 26/11 7:00 pm GMT Braehead at Nottingham 7:00 pm GMT

Sun, Mar 27/11 12:00 am GMT at Cardiff TBD

Sun, Mar 27/11 12:00 am GMT at Coventry TBD

Sun, Mar 27/11 6:30 pm GMT at Dundee 6:30 pm GMT

Sun, Mar 27/11 6:00 pm GMT at Hull 6:00 pm GMT

Finny

wildthing74 said:
Can't see how a spectacle could be made if we played home Saturday and still had to think about a long trip next day.
Fair point. Though if we lost the playoff quarter-final it would put a damp squib on it anyway!

I remember once before many many moons ago the trophy was presented before a game. Which was odd.

Or maybe we have the presentation (and party) midweek instead - although that would be a bit of an anti-climax. Either way it's going to be a bit strange that we wouldn't be presented with it until we have already started the playoff campaign.

Just to confuse the issue further on whether the home game might be 26th / 27th - looking at individual teams websites - none of them confirm the dates I listed above. However, Dundee Comets are playing on Sat 26th at 7pm, which suggests Dundee Stars home game is likely to be Sunday 27th as suggested on Elite site, so if we were to finish 1st, it looks very likely we'll be playing at home on 26th.

I think I'll just ask at the rink on Saturday! Going to be chaos on the online booking if it isn't decided before Saturdays game as I'm guessing that will sell out in advance as well :)

ENL Devils are scheduled to play at the BBT at 8pm on the 27th.

A double header would be sweet if they could shuffle the fixtures round. ENLs in the afternoon followed by Elites playoff quarter final in the evening. Good promotion for the ENL boys too, plus Burrows could play both games :lol:

Russky

Devils V Hull/Dundee with Home leg next sunday(27/3) 5:30 pm Face off BST Followed by ENL Game!!!! 2 4 PRICE OF 1 I guess!

PS the clocks go forward next saturday (26/3)!!!

TheStub

Re: Re: Play Off quarter final

devilflame said:
Is the game on Sunday (27th March) a season ticket game as I cannot see any information about it ?
Not a ST game but they hold the ST seats for you though... not sure the cut off.

I got my seat on the weekend.