Play-off qualifier match. Home game.

Hi.

I was just wondering if anyone knew what day the play-off match is likely to be at home in the big blue tent?

If it will be the Saturday night or the Sunday night?

If someone could let me know, that would be great.

Thank you.

Wannabe2

We don't even know who we are playing yet, so the dates should be shortly, this awesome forum will let people know soon as its announced.i

kettdevil1

Earnie said:
If we are in the playoffs it could even be a weekday.
Probably unlikely surely? I would imagine the BBT would have been booked at the start of the season for a weekend fixture. Can't imagine too many clashing events.

ASHIPP

Are the Devils going to qualify? Scottish teams now closing in on points. Few more wins for them and they will overtake Devils. Remember winner of other conference gets seeded 2nd for playoffs. It could be that if that is one of the bottom teams in the league I think I read that team positioned 8th is one that misses out for qualification. Devils might still need points to be safe. Crazy crazy situation.

ASHIPP said:
Are the Devils going to qualify? Scottish teams now closing in on points. Few more wins for them and they will overtake Devils. Remember winner of other conference gets seeded 2nd for playoffs. It could be that if that is one of the bottom teams in the league I think I read that team positioned 8th is one that misses out for qualification. Devils might still need points to be safe. Crazy crazy situation.
I've been trying to work it all out. We definitely haven't secured a quarter final play off place yet, but basically we'd have to lose all 4 of our games which is likely given injuries and the fact we have 3 away games and 1 home against the leaders. However, 10 other games involving the teams below us would have to go against us which is more unlikely. A big factor could be the amount of games between the teams below us that go to overtime as obviously that means both teams gaining points on us. I think if we can get just one point out of our 4 games that would be enough not to have to rely on other results.

Sorry for double post. I think it's pretty much impossible for a team to win the 'North' conference but finish 9th / 10th from what I've worked out. Pretty much every other game this weekend is important to us. Could do with Nottingham wrapping up the league title so they might rest a play or two against us next weekend. If Belfast do the double over them this weekend though, they are going to be all guns blazing against us on the final weekend.

As for the date if we did make it. Saturday 30th would be good. There's the double header with the Welsh regions in the Millennium earlier in the day so could get a few people coming down after that - maybe hand out flyers outside the stadium to get a capacity crowd.

I was just having a look at the league table and if Hull are seeded second in the league, we drop down to being 7th and we'll end up playing Hull in the play-off qualifier match. This could mean that we still possibly have a chance in this.

HockeyGirl123 said:
I was just having a look at the league table and if Hull are seeded second in the league, we drop down to being 7th and we'll end up playing Hull in the play-off qualifier match. This could mean that we still possibly have a chance in this.
Hull only have one conference game left though whereas Braehead are only 2 points behind but have 3 games left, and Dundee are also only 2 points behind with 5 games left. Therefore it's much more likely to be one of these teams, but I agree there's a very good chance we'll end up as the "seventh seed" and therefore play the winners of their conference which arguably would be better than playing any of our conference.

Legin

But if Belfast win both the Games against Nottingham they could win our conference, even though Nottingham win the league.

Then
Seed 1 will be Nottingham
Seed 2 will be Belfast
Seed 3 will be winner of North conference

kettdevil1

HockeyGirl123 said:
Hmmm, in theory but our record there is horrible....

Is it only me or has everyone completely lost the plot as to who plays whom in the playoffs? I have decided that rather than tiring my brain I will just wait to see who skates out at the BBT in the game.... :D

This is ever so complicated for a dragon of very little brains like me. I don't like it. ;:|

I think I'll just wait and see as well. It's what I usually do!

Very likely we'll finish 5th now but due to the winners of the other conference being promoted to 2nd seed, that would put us as 6th seeds. Basically, it's 99% looking like it'll be a playoff against Belfast and that'll probably be guaranteed after tonight's games.

Sheffield can still finish a head of Belfast if they win their remaining games and Belfast loose theirs so nothing decided untill a loss by Sheffield or a win by Belfast this week.

Sheincar said:
Spearsy said:
alfie said:
And I'm jus totally confused!!!!!! Someone just let me no please when it's set in stone either way lol :lol:
:DWD
Not sure why that needed a face palm. Have to say I agree with alfie & voth26.
I wasn't face palming alfie, More just the situation that we are in... two pages in with no answer for them .... I'll say no more because I will just rub everyone up the wrong way as per ...