Play Off Final

Ocko

Thread starter #1
Who is everyone supporting?

I am completely torn over this one. The HPL and ISL Devils fan in me would never, ever under any circumstances want the Steelers to win. But the EIHL Devils fan in me wouldn't want to see Belfast win anything, I probably dislike the Giants more than any team. I remember an interview with Matzka a few years ago and he was bemused by the fans opinion that the biggest rivalry was either Blaze or Steelers - the players disliked the Giants the most. And you'd have to agree with him; Lloyd, Keefe etc I just cannot stand. We say every year how we want someone who will sort them out.

Add in a few guys for the Steelers who weren't good enough for the mighty 9th placed Devils :lol: after being messed around this year there aren't many people more deserving than G, Blight and Hill.

But I just don't know if I could bring myself to support the Steelers, but can I bare to see Keefe lift another trophy?

DevilDom

Sorry but I can't wish for Steelers win under any circumstances. I think G, Blight, and Hill have made their point to the Muppets already!

Giants for me, not because of the players but the fans and the beautiful city they have!
Also wouldn't want G to have the satisfaction or credit for an inherited team

ASHIPP

Giants for me. The most consistent team by far this season

Would never want the Steelers to
win anything whoever was in charge.Their sycophantic arrogant fans make me sick A.nyway G has done a great job energising the Steelers team BUT they were already in 2nd place in the league before he took over so he cannot be credited for that. Christiansen recruited these players . Blight and Hill lucky to be playing for a decent team like that.

Sliput

Giants to win for me.

How any Devils fan can support Sheffield is beyond me. I dont care who plays for them , after the way they bleated and cried their pathetic little eyes out at anything relating to Brad Voth they deserve all the crap they get.

mazza03

ASHIPP said:
Giants for me. The most consistent team by far this season

Would never want the Steelers to
win anything whoever was in charge.Their sycophantic arrogant fans make me sick A.nyway G has done a great job energising the Steelers team BUT they were already in 2nd place in the league before he took over so he cannot be credited for that. Christiansen recruited these players . Blight and Hill lucky to be playing for a decent team like that.
Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one. If I'm honest I could never understand why Christianson was sacked, the Squeelers were in 2nd, he had recruited a good team etc: etc: no disrespect to G he has been treated badly as has Chris, but Hill wasn't playing well IMHO and was let go, right or wrong? Who knows.
I don't want either team to win.

Temme

Currently say at the back of block 1 in the NIC.
Plumton, batch, Davies and marsh are sat with Matt Towe having a beer.

Matt Myers is sat about 5 rows away with lacowicz, farmer and Matt Francis. (All Nottingham players...)

Rumour time!

Temme

We'll some Gerad Adams on taking your team to play-off glory. So glad for him. A massive 'in your face Cardiff Devils' is in order and justified.

Chris blight took a moment to skate to the Devils fans and do the iatollah (or however it's spelt...).

Was certainly a funny moment in my eyes. That and hill scoring a goal in the final.

Ocko

Thread starter #17
Could Ragan and Pope have any more egg on their face if they tried? Sacked 3 play off champions while his team came 9th.

Congrats G, Blight and Hill. Never a more deserving coach than G.

So pleased for G, Blighter and Phil Hill all 3 treated with a darn site more respect by the Sheffield organisation than the shambles we presently have to put up with.

ASHIPP

I am pleased for G....very deserving and surely will now be appointed Steelers' coach.

Pity Hill couldn't have put on that kind of performance when he was at the Devils.

Am sure an ironic little smile came across thefaces of Hill, Blight and G. Karma indeed for the season they have had.

But we will have a new coach and a new team in a new season in August.

Pope and Ragan can stick that in their pipe and smoke it - great to see G stick Karma right up both of Pope & Ragan's backside...

Also chuffed for Chris Blight and Phil Hill to be part of the Karma party...regardless of the discussions on whether these guys should or should not have been "sacked" - the way they were treated by Dumb & Dumber makes this victory for the Steelers so very much sweeter.

And a final note, I have an even further dislike for Pope and Ragan for creating the circumstances this season which made me support Sheffield even when there was still 8 teams left in the Play-offs...