PI basingstoke

Thread starter #1
as a bison fan i thought i would let you lot no that your ice is nowhere near as bad as ours. the game tonight has been cancelled due to the ice melting and can not be fixed untill next week at the earlyist good luck in your new rink

w hy cant we have a protest at cardiff bay council office to make our feelings known it worked in the past,,from fenderbassman 14 1 at big dirty blue prefab :twisted:

We have had the same problem in Cardiff with our ice!.
I notice you didn't mention new "Arena".
We all know Planet Slush are going to move us into a brand new Industrial unit, sorry i mean't rink!

I was chatting to a chap at the Basingstoke rink a few days back and he told me

1) The reason for failure was because the backup has been used for the past 8 years because they never bothered to repair the main pump, when the backup failed they tried to bodge the two pumps togther.

2) They refused to allow staff to take cameras on-site during the repair due to worries that people (especially Cardiff cc) will see photo evidence of how they run a rink

3) The new rink in Birmingham is delayed due to another PI balls up, again kept quiet.

4) They refused people wanting to visit the skate shop access inside the rink and gave the poor chap no choice but to close his shop while they repaired the rink

5) They KNEW it'd take a while to repair the fault, but told nobody until the day before the event that parties, tournaments, matches etc could not go ahead.

I cannot see why he'd lie, but it seems pretty disgusting that a 'professional' company would act this way :evil:

From personal experience, the boiler at Gosport rink (PI yet again...) has been condemned due to poor ventilation for over 4 months now and nothing is been done to repair it and so it's simply turned off :evil: It's worrying when you walk outside where it's only 4*C and feel warmer than in the rink! :roll:

I'm glad PI exist as we have an increasing number of rinks, but their management and maintenance of the rinks leave a lot to be desired.

many years ago ,at st peters hall, meeting with planet ice c.e i thought what a harry enfield person he was i e, stavros the kebab man scruffey dress scruffey talk not very convincing not very nice .have we been cond again 2015 i will proberly be dead and in my box ,a very grumpy old bass player :cry: