Phoenix to the EPL

ASHIPP

Sad days for fans of Elite League teams to see another club drop to the EPL. :cry: However, a business has to save on costs and reset its objectives in tough times to be successful. If this move safeguards the future of ice hockey in Manchester, that's crucial. If it was the Devils, a bitter pill to swallow, but I would rather have ice hockey at a lower level for a couple of years than nothing. Best of luck to all at the Phoenix for next season - and hope very much that Manchester return to the top league in time.

Chris

Administrator
As I put on THF...

As much as the move seems to make sense, I don't for one minute believe this was a recent decision.

Neil Morris was in the press maybe a month or so ago now saying they should be playing in the EPL and that he couldn't/wouldn't bail the phoenix out for much longer.

From my POV this looks like they've tried to drag the EIHL through the mud on their way out, possibly because they didn't get their own way with regards import/wage caps.

Good luck in the EPL though :roll:

Chris.

ASHIPP

Devils101 said:
Bad news today :( Can we sign Beauregard now??? :lol:
I am very sorry to see the Phoenix drop to EPL :( and look forward to their return to top league asap.
As for Beaugarde (sp?), God, wouldn't it just be a shock if he was signed to the Devils! :shock: There are still very strong rumours he is going to the Panthers, unfortunately. :?