Petition to the PM

Sadly, it doesnt work that way, petitions wont help.

Funding only comes after organisation (never the other way round).
Ice Hockey is currently a million miles down the pecking order and although I hate to say it, in terms of priority sports, rightly so.
Even if the Competitive and coaching structures were up to par, which believe me they are not, it would remain a low priority, as all winter sports are.

2012 has only polarised this situation, with the sports with the highest medal count getting targetted and everyone else losing out.

Its frustrating, it certainly was for me when I played, but actually I believe from UK Sports perspective, it has to be the right thing.

TheStub

Very true. To improve the lot of Ice Hockey, it would require a grass roots effort.

Even if we had more more money, where would we spend it? Without people pushing through from the bottom, there is no-one where to realistically target funding.

Mind you, I've often thought that we need to stop think "ice hockey" and think "puck hockey". If we forged close ties between BIPHA (British Inline Puck Hockey Association) and IHUK, then we would instantly double or triple the avaiable playing surfaces. Take the promising young inline players and get them onto the ice.

You could have school leagues, which is something that would be difficult to do with ice hockey in this country.

Trouble is, it would have to start with us, the fans. If we are really passionate about building up puck hockey in this country, we need to work together and build the structures and organisations that will do that. No-one else will.