Perrault and Taylor leave the Caps.

Thread starter #1
Another 2 go from Capitals after Kim, St Jaques and Lomas.

What is going so wrong in the scottish capital?
What will happen if they fold?

Thread starter #3
There wasnt any snow when Brad Gratton walked and Scott Neil had to take over as bench coach as well as GM and the man who sold the hot dogs though? Which was when the cracks first started to show. I know the snow would of been a major effect but surely there is something they can do. They never seem to have very much publicity just "tough times" press releases, I know they tried a deal with the rygby but Im sure theres alot more that can be done. Its not like Murrayfield fans have forgotten they have an ice rink im sure?

DevilDom

A real shame for the Caps who are rapidly falling apart.

They have gone from a team that at the start of the season were probably 1 or 2 players short of being really competitive to no-hopers. They just can't be competitive with so few imports left. How many is there left?

Perhaps they could merge with the Vipers and between them they may be able to put a decent side out :twisted: because its hard to see them lasting the season at this rate.

wonder why they havent tried signing ben davies they could give him all the ice time he could want at the highest level and wouldnt cost too much in wages i wouldnt think

TheStub

Re: Re: Perrault and Taylor leave the Caps.

maccab5 said:
wonder why they havent tried signing ben davies they could give him all the ice time he could want at the highest level and wouldnt cost too much in wages i wouldnt think
We were saying the same Monday. Vipers and Caps should be icing all the promising youngsters they can get their hands on.

ASHIPP

This is such a sad state of affairs up with our Celtic Cousins. It seems the fans are literally begging SN to put the Club up for sale because it's rumoured there are intereted parties. At the very least hopefully the Elite League can give some support here. The sooner the club is taken over, the better for the Club, its fans (who are faithful but frustrated) and the League. :evil: Is this a case of 'watch this space', I wonder?

Gazza272

ASHIPP said:
This is such a sad state of affairs up with our Celtic Cousins. It seems the fans are literally begging SN to put the Club up for sale because it's rumoured there are intereted parties. At the very least hopefully the Elite League can give some support here. The sooner the club is taken over, the better for the Club, its fans (who are faithful but frustrated) and the League. :evil: Is this a case of 'watch this space', I wonder?

To be honest, if there are willing buyers and Scott wont take them the league shouldnt give him a penny.

ASHIPP

Jamie Carroll has left the Vipers....Dale Mahovsky now rumoured to have gone. Things are going from bad to worse each day. :shock: The Vipers have to fight to turn around their situation - they are in the semis of the CC.

Capitals virtually iced a junior SNL team along with their remaining 4 imports last night against the Vipers. If buyers are rumoured to be interested in the Capitals then the quicker SN reaches agreement, the better.

These are sad days for the League as well as the Clubs. :evil:

DevilDom

ASHIPP said:
These are sad days for the League as well as the Clubs. :evil:
Totally agree. Its a real shame that the games against the Caps and Vipers will now be a foregone conclusion for most teams.

I can see the steelers beating our 12-0 against Hull tonight and the Vipers getting well beaten again.

What can the league do though if the likes of SN won't sell? Maybe the buyers interested in the Caps could move their interest to the Vipers as JM looks desperate to sell.

TheStub

DevilDom said:
What can the league do though if the likes of SN won't sell? Maybe the buyers interested in the Caps could move their interest to the Vipers as JM looks desperate to sell.
The league can withdraw the franchise rights, approach Murryfield, evict Caps and put their own team in place...then go to SN with it a done deal - he either signs over the Caps or the Caps cease to be.

Not saying they will do that, but they could.

kettdevil1

Can't remember where I heard it but I am sure that there is a meeting of the EIHL where this will be discussed on Monday.

Hopefully something good will come out of that.

DevilDom

Apparently Reid and Fanto played their last game for the Caps tonight. It must only be a matter of time before they fold now.

TheStub

DevilDom said:
Apparently Reid and Fanto played their last game for the Caps tonight. It must only be a matter of time before they fold now.
That is insane. How did SN let things get this far? Edinburgh should be a hot bed of hockey, and the crowds the Stars and Clan are getting prove that the Caps should have progressed over their seasons in this league.

It would be interesting to see the league take over both clubs, rebuild and sell on as going concerns.

wildthing74

DevilDom said:
That was doing the rounds via a Caps fan I know.I fear for them and hope Scotty sorts it out.

Will be gutted if they fold. Booked to go away to Scotland for the Clan and Caps double header. They first moved the Clan game to the day before i fly up there because of the egg chasing. And now the caps are likely to fold.

gutted :(

Koop11

I really feel for the Capitals fans. SN’s call for fans to turn out and support the team is a little shallow when he is having to release imports and therefore the quality and competitiveness of his team is massively reduced. Why would fans turn out to watch their team get hammered?

I give some credit to SN over the years in that he has tried to keep the club financially viable. The knock on affect of that has of course been that the Capitals have always been in the bottom half of the table. This year however, I truly believed the Capitals would be in a much stronger position with the addition of two Scottish rivalries to the league. For whatever reason, the Capitals organisation has moved in the opposite direction and are struggling to maintain a competitive status in this league.

Whilst I have a lot of respect for SN and the commitment he has made to the organisation (how many hats does this guy wear?!), I feel he in not in a position to take the Capitals forward at this level. By all accounts the marketing strategy in Edinburgh is non existent and PR has proved that if you can invest effectively in marketing your club (here lies SN’s problem – little resources to do so) then the ticket sales will go up.

I fear this season will be the end of the Capitals at Elite League level unless SN can find big investment or even consider selling the club, his baby. Tough place to be right now.

Looking more immediate from a league point of view, the board must seriously consider supporting both Edinburgh and Newcastle, at least until the end of the season. The Elite League’s history of teams folding/hitting financial troubles half way through a season is so damaging to its reputation. If at this late stage either club were to fold then it would make a true laughing stock of the league once more.

ASHIPP

Mark666 said:
I think i overheard that there's a board meeting on Tue and all sorts of things will be getting discussed.
I know we don't know the facts of the Capitals situation, but it almost seems like too little, too late. Pre-Christmas Edinburgh still had a team that could easily take points off the others - and would have been in a play-offs position.
The Vipers' organisation seems to be fighting tooth and nail for a positive resolution......and the team have fighting spirit. Excellent result against the Blaze last night. :cool:

I've now read the meeting is today. :roll:

I think as part of a long term plan the league should support the struggling teams at least until the end of the season. No-ones going to want to sponsor (or even join) a league with these kind of issues. I think you're right tho, the Caps seem to have let it get too far tho. Down to their last 4 imports! At least the Vipers can maybe turn it round my getting more people through the door, Caps barely have a 'product' left. and don't seem to be being as open as the Vipers with their updates.

I wonder what the league can do to help. There obviously has to be criteria to how and who to help (cant keep bailing out a team who are, for example, paying out loads on imports despite not getting good crowds as that's just rewarding bad business). I think a good thing for the League to do would be to subsidize coach travel to get away fans to the struggling clubs. If the league can lay on a coach or 2 from where ever to a Caps home game they sell 100 more tickets, 200 more SOHB tickets. Rayguns doing it to help his Steelers so there's obviously a good business case for it.