pelles a bluebird!

Thread starter #1
sorry if its been posted before

Ice Hockey: Pelle can’t wait to get started at the Devils
May 14 2010 by Terry Phillips, South Wales Echo
Add a commentRecommend IVY League University graduate Jon Pelle jumped at the chance to link up with Cardiff Devils for the new season.

American forward Pelle won the Central League ice hockey play-off championship with Rapid City Rush this month – and then confirmed he has signed for the Devils.

Pelle has immediately become an exiled Cardiff City fan, saying: “I won Central League ice hockey play-offs with Rapid City last season – and it was great to go online and see the Bluebirds are through to Wembley Stadium.

“I enjoy all sports, including soccer, and I’ll be following City all the way to the final.

“It will be fantastic if they were playing Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool.”

The announcement that Pelle had signed for the Devils was delayed while he played for Rapid City in their play-offs.

“I wanted to focus on playing for Rapid City in the play-off final and it was a great feeling to come out winners,” said Pelle. “That was a lot of fun. Now I’m coming to Wales – and I can’t wait to get started.”

Pelle, 24, has played in Europe before, joining Danish team Frederikshavn White Hawks in 2008, and he attended a wedding in Ireland, but this is his first trip to the UK mainland.

“From everything I’ve been told, Cardiff Devils are an ambitious club who had a decent season last time out and went desperately close to winning the play-offs,” he said.

“I’ve had a taste of success with Rapid City and I want more.

“I’ll be fit and ready when I fly in for the start of the season.

“I’ve heard great things about Cardiff from family I have in London and I’m excited about the challenge.”

The hard-working and feisty Pelle scored 59 points in 53 matches for Rapid City as they won the Central League President’s Cup.

Thread starter #3
well yes of course i did :?: its copied off wales online i just thought its worth a post because i guess not everyone reads that site? And where am i going to get an original quote from ?