Pelle Signs for Giants

Earnie said:
If we had lost him to France I could understand.
To loose him to another Elite team - we deserve an explanation from Management whether it be cash on offer or him being badly (foolishly) treated or a combination of both. He was the STAR player of the whole league. We had him and we lost him. Shame
Spot on. Despite what Finny says about the money on offer, I find it very hard to believe that Belfast have made him an offer that blows anything Cardiff or another European team out of the water. In the last few years, most of the good Belfast signings have been due to their university links and it is pretty obvious that Cardiff haven't been afraid to spend big in the last few years to get quality, so it does suggest that perhaps the rumours are true and things aren't quite as rosy as they once were. However, it's not the end of the world. Hockey players come and go and there is no shortage of quality players who can match what Pelle achieved last year. Just whether Adams can attract them to the club.

voth26 said:
+1 pelle is the 4th "star player" to leave a side who were joint top of league and in playoff final, and strong rumours we are trying to shaft loyal players like vother so he may not return, we are very quickly becoming the laughing stock of the eihl, i've said in previous posts that i didnt and still dont trust ragan, now it seems shannon has departed as well. i wouldnt like to be in G's and franny shoes if i am honest because IF and at the moment it seems a big if we get a half decent team on to the ice and it doesnt go to plan then people are going to be calling for G to be sacked and to be fair it wont be his fault if he doesnt have the cash or resources to recruit.
How the hell do you sell the POSITIVES of signing for the Cardiff Devils at this moment in time!!!!!!
''Becoming the laughing stock''.......hardly, slightly over the top dont you think ??? Most people are too busy abusing Finny :lol: :lol:

I do however agree with you the fact that IF and its a big IF we only sign a half decent team it would be unfair to blame G, with all the present rumours etc... going around.

Regarding Pelle, gutted that he has gone BUT you cant really blame him, ice hockey careers are short and anyone would follow the money.

Koop11 said:
I half expected to lose Pelle but to another Elite League club is just painful. I'm worrying about the new season now. We've lost the majority of our star players from last season's world record breaking team.
But being brutal........a team that won nothing !!

voth26

J.B said:
Earnie said:
If we had lost him to France I could understand.
To loose him to another Elite team - we deserve an explanation from Management whether it be cash on offer or him being badly (foolishly) treated or a combination of both. He was the STAR player of the whole league. We had him and we lost him. Shame
Spot on. Despite what Finny says about the money on offer, I find it very hard to believe that Belfast have made him an offer that blows anything Cardiff or another European team out of the water. In the last few years, most of the good Belfast signings have been due to their university links and it is pretty obvious that Cardiff haven't been afraid to spend big in the last few years to get quality, so it does suggest that perhaps the rumours are true and things aren't quite as rosy as they once were. However, it's not the end of the world. Hockey players come and go and there is no shortage of quality players who can match what Pelle achieved last year. Just whether Adams can attract them to the club.
I agree and the crux is can G and Franny attract these players to the club!!!!! i would like to believe they can, but i think we need to announce a MASSIVE signing very quickly to try and restore some faith and belief we are going to be a competitive side this year

voth26

Twinkle said:
voth26 said:
+1 pelle is the 4th "star player" to leave a side who were joint top of league and in playoff final, and strong rumours we are trying to shaft loyal players like vother so he may not return, we are very quickly becoming the laughing stock of the eihl, i've said in previous posts that i didnt and still dont trust ragan, now it seems shannon has departed as well. i wouldnt like to be in G's and franny shoes if i am honest because IF and at the moment it seems a big if we get a half decent team on to the ice and it doesnt go to plan then people are going to be calling for G to be sacked and to be fair it wont be his fault if he doesnt have the cash or resources to recruit.
How the hell do you sell the POSITIVES of signing for the Cardiff Devils at this moment in time!!!!!!
''Becoming the laughing stock''.......hardly, slightly over the top dont you think ??? Most people are too busy abusing Finny :lol: :lol:

I do however agree with you the fact that IF and its a big IF we only sign a half decent team it would be unfair to blame G, with all the present rumours etc... going around.

Regarding Pelle, gutted that he has gone BUT you cant really blame him, ice hockey careers are short and anyone would follow the money.
Thats why i said "becoming" :lol: :lol: i dont blame pelle one bit if you can get better pay or treated better your gonna go simple as

zoesdevil

Mark666 said:
"Shannon gone" :?:

As i said on the other thread, gutted to loose Pelle, but good luck to him. I'm sure our D know his game now and should be able to cope with him.

Gotta say, I'm starting to feel a little pessimistic about the next season now.
I'm not going to have a big moan but I could do with a cracking import forward before i send off my season ticket form really...
Just watch him sneaking in from behind net and watching him during PP on the wide left!!

I think some fans are taking this too hard. Yes Pelle was a very good forward but there's plenty out there. Players sign for other teams, and he was only here a season, it's not like he's been playing for Devils for years. Devils fans are lucky as not many of your players usually sign for other teams in the EIHL but it happens. I think some fans seem to think that once a player has played for Devils he would never want to play anywhere else.

Re: Re: Pelle Signs for Giants

pj_blaze said:
I think some fans are taking this too hard. Yes Pelle was a very good forward but there's plenty out there. Players sign for other teams, and he was only here a season, it's not like he's been playing for Devils for years. Devils fans are lucky as not many of your players usually sign for other teams in the EIHL but it happens. I think some fans seem to think that once a player has played for Devils he would never want to play anywhere else.
With me thata not the case, but would like to know we made effort to keep him, if we screwed him over or annoyed him with back office I think is why I'm annoyed!!

TheStub

pj_blaze said:
Not really PJ. This signifies that things aren't rosie in the back. I'd not mind Pelle leaving if not for the reasons.

Things are rotten, and this is that straw that has pushed many fans to the edge after a couple of seasons of muppets running the show.

Shame to see him go. I don't know what goes on behind closed doors but all the rumblings about poor treatment can't be good. I wonder how much of the negative press including the rink saga is a turn off for any prospects?

At Belfast / Nottingham / etc... you have nice setups good arenas / rinks etc.... success its easy to see why players want to go there. I'm not dissing the efforts of The Devils as we had an awesome team last year but you must wonder why a lot of players don't stay beyond a year.

It could be the officials, it could be the league set up, it could be a lot of imports come to the UK for the experience and then see what else is on offer once they spend a season.

Just hope the rink saga is sorted and the Devils can build and grow over time. If not it wont be long until The Devils start falling behind the big teams.

Diavlo rosso said:
Shame to see him go. I don't know what goes on behind closed doors but all the rumblings about poor treatment can't be good. I wonder how much of the negative press including the rink saga is a turn off for any prospects?

At Belfast / Nottingham / etc... you have nice setups good arenas / rinks etc.... success its easy to see why players want to go there. I'm not dissing the efforts of The Devils as we had an awesome team last year but you must wonder why a lot of players don't stay beyond a year.

It could be the officials, it could be the league set up, it could be a lot of imports come to the UK for the experience and then see what else is on offer once they spend a season.

Just hope the rink saga is sorted and the Devils can build and grow over time. If not it wont be long until The Devils start falling behind the big teams.
I have said this all before and got shot down in flames because of it.

jonpelle Jon Pelle (twitter)
lots of q's on why im leaving. i dont want to say anything negative. i loved the fans, loved the city, and really enjoyed playing for G

hmmm

Devilsmania said:
lots of q's on why im leaving. i dont want to say anything negative. i loved the fans, loved the city, and really enjoyed playing for G

hmmm
Think that says it all doesn't it?

Really?

Well I dont think it's rocket science. Yes The Devils can attract a lot of players because of the city, the deals with the University etc... but then so do a lot of other teams.

Success on the ice brings success off the ice I'm afraid. It has showed over the last few seasons what good marketing and a good team can do despite our poor home. If Shannon has now gone (which I didn' t know had been confirmed) then a lot of the hard work behind the scenes has gone out the window.

Now, with unrest and no clear future sorted on our home its hardly an attractive proposition for a player considering their future. Sorry if people don't agree.

DevilDom

Devilsmania said:

hmmm
I think that says a lot. Jon's a very bright young man and I wish him all the best (just not against us). It seems a shame that despite all these positives he chose to leave. There must be some really big negatives somewhere for him to join another EIHL club.

ive had enough

everyone is being negative about all the players leaving and yeah sure thats a blow but G wouldnt off let them go unless hes got something up his sleeve or the other thing is we as team might of gon over the wage cap and if we have then g is doing the right thing and he has links or people with he club have links to players thats how we got wellar and pelle im sure we will find players to replace pelle tylor and matska so enough with all the negativity :twisted: :roll:

Chris

Administrator
Topics merged.

We don't really need a new topic discussing something that's being discussed on at least one other thread already.

Chris.

august04

Re: ive had enough

jaymzdb said:
everyone is being negative about all the players leaving and yeah sure thats a blow but G wouldnt off let them go unless hes got something up his sleeve or the other thing is we as team might of gon over the wage cap and if we have then g is doing the right thing and he has links or people with he club have links to players thats how we got wellar and pelle im sure we will find players to replace pelle tylor and matska so enough with all the negativity :twisted: :roll:
It's not a question of Adams letting these players go - I'm sure he'd love to have kept the likes of Pelle, Michel etc. The problem doesn't seem to be with the coach, who the players appear to have a lot of respect for. It's their reported treatment by the Devils back-room/office staff that appears be the issue. How much longer will Adams put up with this situation, if he feels that his efforts are being undermined by shabby treatment of his players within the club? PR has already alienated a Devils legend (who may or may not return from Canada?). Let's hope the same doesn't happen with the coach.